• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blank Slate (Everyone Welcome)

Nazhkandrias

First Post
I would definitely wait for DM approval.

But, as for my opinion on the god, wouldn't Lawful Evil be more appropriate for a god of Madness, Illithids, and Beholders? And if you do get in, be sure to use plenty of tough-to-understand alien reasoning and logic. I enjoy that sort of thing!

Gli'jar

First Post
Ambrus said:
The Empyrean actually started time, and I've even had it listed in my God's portfolio since the begining. As the sun rises and sets and the planets complete their orbits around it, it marks the passage. I'll happily relinquish it to this fledgling god though. I've got plenty of other stuff on my plate. ;)

What we really need though are some nature gods to start managing the earth and its myriad processes.

I take it up if you are willing to relinquish it.

Gli'jar

First Post
Ambrus said:
Eh. I figure the Empyrean handles the mechanical aspects of the dimension of time, but Gli'jar's Dreamer is more focused on the subtle nuances of prognosticating the future. ;)

Hm. Maybe I should redefine my God as managing the cosmic forces and elements; time, gravity and the heavenly bodies along with the five basic elements (air, earth, fire, water and magic).

On a side note, does anyone else find it creepy that the God of Death and Entropy created mankind and then gave them fire, metalworking and magic? :uhoh:

Yeah, I'll be defining and redefining the dreamer as we progress.

Gli'jar

First Post
The dreamer is in the RG now. Without directly spelling out his creation in the story it was a shard of the sundering of the void, containing the possibilities, realities, futures that could exist. The dream of all that is and could be given breath.

Ambrus

Explorer
Nazhkandrias said:
Oh, and Ambrus, great response. I hadn't expected that part, but it makes perfect sense. Good way to fit everything together, kudos to you!
I'm glad you liked it.
Gli'jar said:
I take it up if you are willing to relinquish it.
Are you content with time in general for the Empyrean and the future for yourself?

Ambrus

Explorer
Darimaus, I'm wondering whether you intend to make any in-game posts yourself. Are we supposed to role-play the actions of those creatures we create? Will anything ever occur or develop which the PC gods do not themselves initiate? Is there a limit to the number of gods you intend to allow? Do you intend to ever limit what various gods can accomplish? How are conflicting claims over portfolios to be resolved? It seems to me that this could all quickly devolve into a free-for-all. :\

And just so I'm clear, which PCs claim a kinship with the Empyrean and what does that mean to you?

covaithe

Explorer
This one doesn't seem to be doing it for me, so I'm going to bow out and leave the stage for those with more enthusiasm. Feel free to use the Dancer if you like, or to let her fade into oblivion.

Remove ads