• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blank Slate (Everyone Welcome)

Gli'jar

First Post
My posting is going to be rather sporatic for the next few weeks. I was on a fire this past week and next week I will be back in the field doing bird surveys. Afterwards I will be traveling on scheduled vacation. By no means have I evolved into a major player so my absence should not hinder things much but be aware if you post asking a question of me.

Just posted in the IC. Gave my go at the creation of magical beasts, it could easily be edited however to aberrations. Essentially I pulled creatures from the dreams so it is conceivable they could be aberrations, magical beasts, both or neither.

As far as appearance the dreamer appears as a male lillend, with great dragon wings and curled rams horns (think bariaur) atop his head.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Jemal said:
(You'll note I've been trying to handle Undead differently, though I haven't gone into much detail on them.:):)I plan it to be something out of the hands of mortals.:):)Undead are not soul-less beasts, they are the souls having nowhere else to go, or having 'unfinished business' on this realm).
Ah, that wasn't clear from the outset. I applaud your efforts to give the undead a new spin.
Jemal said:
Also you'll notice that while typically in D&D it's the Priests(clerics) who have control/power over the Undead, in this they have power over themselves, and they are opposed by the Druids.
Keep in mind though that, so far, there are no clerics in the setting.
Jemal said:
As to the Undead getting the upper hand.. Well, things tend to balance out. They have two ways of dieing.. A) Being destroyed by the Living. or B) setting right whatever it is that is keeping their soul around. (And the Undead don't, so far as has been written, propagate themselves.)
An important distinction, but since you seem interested in making the undead rather different than the D&D norm, I'd go so far as to suggest the possibility that the living don't automatically fear, loathe and seek the destruction of the undead.

You assumed that Byrll's druids will oppose the undead, but if Byrll instead teaches her druids that the undead do have their place in the natural cycle then why would they? If their god supports the undead why wouldn't they follow suit? If the undead don't prey upon the living and have their own role to fulfill (wrapping up their unfinished business) and then naturally succumb to death then they might be a valued part of the natural order; which I believe is what you're aiming to accomplish with your three-sided balance model after all.

Nightbreeze

First Post
I'd really love to join in, hoping that there's still place for me. The concept of a god I have is not something usually seen in D&D, so I may need approval on the mixing of several concepts.

Name: Irshenal
Titles: The one always there
Alignament: Lawful Neutral
Portfolio: Planning, Magic, Collaboration, Irrenians (custom made creatures)
Symbol: A tree on a small floating island.
Dogma: The universe exists and always will be. The path of the future multiply each second. Make sure that you can take all of them and be prepared for most of them. Don't make yourselve enemies, as this way you close yourself to some paths. Your reputation is your best friend, as if someone know that you are neutral, they won't include them in their plans. Work with your tools and contribute to the construction of an organization that will someday be able to do something that no other can. And that day, we will all know what our destiny was.

The dogma may seem strange, but I'll expand everything in my first posts.
Waiting for approval.

babomb

First Post
I'd really like to join in, but I haven't decided yet what I want to do. On the one hand, this place needs an afterlife. On the other hand, I've got an idea for a god of music and love that I think is interesting. On the third hand, I've gone ahead made this list of everything by age, and it'd be nice if maintaining it were in some way related to my character, except I don't REALLY want to be the god of bureaucracy.

The Order of Creation.
1.) *Empyrean
2.) *Noctuvos
3.) *Whisper
4.) Fire/Stars
5.) Gravity
6.) Earth
7.) Air
8.) Planets
9.) Water
10.) The Ovoid
11.) Magic
12.) Grass
13.) Worms and insects
14.) Coral
15.) Small mammals, reptiles, and fish
15.5) larger animals unmentioned?
16.) Trees
17.) Dragons
18.) *Hash'Mileak
19.) Men
20.) Sharpened sticks
21.) Murder
22.) Fire given to men
23.) Ironworking and woodcutting
24.) Sorceror-kings of men
25.) Greed (of dragons)
26.) Elves
27.) Dragon that becomes Malchygara
28.) *Ilem Nth Sabbatur
29.) Dwarves
30.) Gnomes
31.) *Pluvos (Based on order of posts in IC thread; Pluvos's background indicates he was created somewhere between 9 and 15)
32.) Malchygara
33.) Houses
34.) *Byrrl (Background indicates shortly between 17 and 19)
35.) Leviathan
36.) *Jemal (began forming immediately after 21)
37.) *Irnarr'ktha
37.5.) MADNESS!
38.) Moon
39.) *Dreamer
40.) Moon denied a place
41.) Dreams
42.) Agriculture
43.) Druids
44.) Void within Malchygara
45.) Undead
46.) Ankheg, bulette, griffon, sea cat, unicorn, magical beasts
47.) The Thirteen
48.) Psuedo-dragons
49.) Aberrations

Let me know if you find a mistake.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
wow, nice list.

Personally speaking, while there may not yet be an afterlife, we have two gods of death/undeath who could easily expand their domains if they wanted. My preference would be for the god of music/love, but then, I'm not in charge. :)

babomb

First Post
GlassEye said:
wow, nice list.

Personally speaking, while there may not yet be an afterlife, we have two gods of death/undeath who could easily expand their domains if they wanted. My preference would be for the god of music/love, but then, I'm not in charge. :)

Aye, there's that. I had an idea I thought was interesting when combined with Jemal's view on the undead, but it would be stepping on his toes a bit much. There's also a couple of issues I have to think on with the other one.

GrandArchon said:
Number 49- Aberrations.

And between 37 and 38, Madness.

Done and done.

Gli'jar

First Post
Thanks for the timeline. For #46, although I named a few specific magic beasts I was going for the general creation of magical beasts.

I noticed that both Kaodi and myself use indigo or at least two very close colors. Is there a problem with that or would others like me to use a different color?

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I use Dark Slate Blue. I don't mind that the Dreamer has a very similar colour to Noctuvos, given the whole " Child of the Void " thing you have been pushing. It fits.

Remove ads