• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blinding Barrage + SA

burntgerbil

Explorer
How many, if any, targets in the blinding barrage (or any area attack) does Sneak attack apply against.

Say my rogue has CA from going first in combat and decides to open fire on a group of baddies. He would have combat advantage on them, from what I understand and there is only one damage roll that would be rolled for all of them.

I apologize if this question has already been asked, I searched manually and could not find it or a definitive rule that said one way or the other.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
Sneak Attack works fine with Blinding Barrage, but you can only apply sneak attack once per round, regardless of how many opponents you attack.

You get to pick, which, if any, opponent you want to apply it to.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
You roll damage once for the attack. Sneak Attack is a separate effect and you roll damage separately for it. Similarly for Hunter's Quarry or Warlock's Curse.

Another example: you might score a critical hit on one of your targets. If you are using a magic (or high crit) weapon, you would roll extra damage for that target only.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
"Once per round, when you have combat advantage against an enemy and hit that enemy with an attack that uses..."

It is most definately not a "per damage roll" thing. It's per enemy.

Remove ads