Boston Game Day: March 10, 2012: GMs and games needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll hopefully be able to make it (I should know shortly). If so, I've got a one-shot scenario I've been cooking up for Marvel Super-Heroes Adventure Game (SAGA system), set in an alternate DCU future that also serves as the dawn of the era of Marvel heroes (i.e. crossover free for all). I'm looking at mostly teen heroes, tentatively titled, "New Warrior Titans of Gotham Serve Some Young Justice!"

"Twenty years ago, Superman responded to an urgent distress call in the Middle East, disappearing shortly afterward. A few years later, governments around the world started cracking down on costumed heroes and metahumans. Eventually, the other heroes disappeared as well (though there are still urban legends of a certain vigilante roaming the rooftops of Gotham City). Fast-forward to present day: Accepted Students Day at Gotham University. All is calm and serene until a superhuman danger tied to a familiar past unleashes violence upon the faculty and families. Will new heroes worth marvelling at or saviors only seen in such pulp literature as detective comics step in to save the day? And what dark secret spurs it all on?"

The SAGA system is pretty easy to pick up, using a FATE deck for action resolution. Each player has a hand of cards based on their experience. This hand represents both their ability to control whether they succeed in their actions and how much abuse they can take. The basics can be handled easily at the start, and the other stuff can be resolved during play.

Last edited:

Salad Shooter

First Post
Hey PC, how does this event work? Limited invite, gotta run a game to join? Moved up to West of Boston a couple years ago, still adrift in the sea of gamelessness...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Then come! We're welcoming, inclusive, and occasionally ply attendees with barbecue. You'd be welcome.

Here's how it works.

1. Every 3-6 months someone volunteers their home or a play space; they get to pick a date.

2. About a month ahead of time, we solidify games. We usually support 4-5 games in both the morning and afternoon slots. Anyone who wants to can run; just post your game blurb. Games generally have pre-gen PCs and run in a 4 hour slot.

3. About 2-3 weeks ahead of time, people sign up. Anyone on EN World, Circvs Maximvs, or their friends/family is welcome. The goal is to build friends and community, so it's ideal to meet new people.

4. People usually bring food/snacks to share on the actual date.

FickleGM

Explorer
On The Rocks - Hard Liquor

Welcome aboard the Hard Liquor. You have the honor of joining this riverboat on her maiden voyage from St. Louis to New Orleans. Why are you here? Well, you might be the captain or crew and find that it is your duty. Perhaps you are here for the $100,000 poker tournament. Maybe you are merely interested in the destination. Regardless your reasons, you are onboard the most advanced riverboat to date. Rest assured the planned excitement and entertainment will be the only happenings during this trip.

Captain Morgan - The Captain.
Tequila Rose - The Dealer
Jim Beam - The Gambler
Dr. McGillicuddy - The Doctor
Jack Daniel - The Muscle
Gin Sour - The Lady

This is an On The Rocks adventure for six players, using the Deadlands setting and the Savage Worlds system.

Last edited:

FickleGM

Explorer
I'm GMing and blurbed. :)

I'd like a shot at JC's sequel adventure, so would appreciate being scheduled opposite him.

Zephrin the Lost

First Post
Room for Leverage?

I've never run Leverage but really want to! If there's a slot left (am or pm), please drop me in there. I'll have a job listing for the crew to review soon.

--Z

Mine's already posted above, I'm definitely good for the 10th, so if there's room for my DCU inspired Marvel Super-Heroes Adventure Game, I'll start hammering out the rest of the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads