Boston Game Day: March 10, 2012: GMs and games needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FickleGM

Explorer
So, we're 3.5 weeks out, now, and will probably want to start sign-ups in a week or so.

Do we have everyone "blurbed"?

Here is what I see:

Piratecate - TBD (Night's Black Agents OR Ashen Stars)

John Crichton - "Cowboys and Globetrotters Part II" working title (HEX)

WalkingCorpse - New Warrior Titans of Gotham Serve Some Young Justice! (SAGA)

FickleGM - On The Rocks: Hard Liquor (Savage Worlds: Deadlands)

Umbran - TBD

Zephrin the Lost - TBD (Leverage)

ShadowDenizen - TBD (Call of Cthulhu)

Qualidar - Iron Dragon Fire Under Heaven (Mutants and Masterminds 3e)

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I guess I’m deciding on Call of Cthulhu.

Here’s the “blurb” for the adventure I’m running. (If we need more DM’s for a second slot, please LMK, so that I can pick a second module to run.)

Adventus Regis (Part I of the “Ripples from Carcosa” trilogy)
-A Call of Cthulhu adventure set in the Roman Empire

During the height of the Roman Empire, a small group of vacationing Roman citizens are about to be drawn into the web of the Mythos, and find themselves enemies of an evil intelligence that crosses millennia.

This is a Call of Cthulhu adventure using the “Cthulhu Invictus” sourcebook. This game is open and accessible to all, newbies and veterans alike. Pre-Generated characters will be provided, and there will be a brief introduction of the rules-set and important rules in advance (though the CoC rules are pretty lightweight and fairly easy to assimilate.)

Cam Banks

Adventurer
I've made the same offer to the Chicago Game Day folks, but if somebody wants to run Marvel Heroic Roleplaying to tie Boston's Game Day into the launch party rollout, they should contact me. Ideally, if the event's being held in a game store they'd sign up as a Preferred Retailer with MWP (and get bonus goodies).

My contact email is cam AT margaretweis DOT com. :)

Cheers,
Cam

John Crichton

First Post
I've made the same offer to the Chicago Game Day folks, but if somebody wants to run Marvel Heroic Roleplaying to tie Boston's Game Day into the launch party rollout, they should contact me. Ideally, if the event's being held in a game store they'd sign up as a Preferred Retailer with MWP (and get bonus goodies).

My contact email is cam AT margaretweis DOT com. :)

Cheers,
Cam
Aw, man. Sooo tempting but I don't think I could do the game justice without playing it first.

That said, I think it's FRICKIN' AWESOME that you guys are doing things like this to promote the product. :D

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay, games! Boston game day will feature:

Piratecat -- Inheritance of Evil (Marvel Superheroes)

It's the Marvel world you know from comics, except superheroes age normally. That makes the Amazing Spider-Man about 65 and retired. You are a new breed of heroes, and New York City is under a new form of threat. Time to see if you can measure up.

This is the brand new game; you'll be taking existing characters and reskinning them on the spot to make new heroes. No rules knowledge needed, 6 players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShadowDenizen -- Adventus Regis (Part I of the “Ripples from Carcosa” trilogy, a Call of Cthulhu adventure set in the Roman Empire)

During the height of the Roman Empire, a small group of vacationing Roman citizens are about to be drawn into the web of the Mythos, and find themselves enemies of an evil intelligence that crosses millennia.

This is a Call of Cthulhu adventure using the “Cthulhu Invictus” sourcebook. This game is open and accessible to all, newbies and veterans alike. Pre-Generated characters will be provided, and there will be a brief introduction of the rules-set and important rules in advance (though the CoC rules are pretty lightweight and fairly easy to assimilate.) # of players?

FickleGM -- On The Rocks - Hard Liquor (Savage Worlds)

Welcome aboard the Hard Liquor. You have the honor of joining this riverboat on her maiden voyage from St. Louis to New Orleans. Why are you here? Well, you might be the captain or crew and find that it is your duty. Perhaps you are here for the $100,000 poker tournament. Maybe you are merely interested in the destination. Regardless your reasons, you are onboard the most advanced riverboat to date. Rest assured the planned excitement and entertainment will be the only happenings during this trip.

Captain Morgan - The Captain.
Tequila Rose - The Dealer
Jim Beam - The Gambler
Dr. McGillicuddy - The Doctor
Jack Daniel - The Muscle
Gin Sour - The Lady

This is an On The Rocks adventure for six players, using the Deadlands setting and the Savage Worlds system.

Umbran - Five Swords in the Fountain (Old School Hack)

OSH is a fantasy game inspired by Red Box D&D, with light mechanics influenced by a few newer game design concepts to encourage fast-paced, action packed, and somewhat lighthearted play. No rules knowledge is required (there aren't that many rules, to be honest), characters will be generated at the table, and the adventure improvised around adventuring goals provided by the players.

Qualidar -- Iron Dragon Fire Under Heaven (Mutants & Masterminds)

Cham Fau is a sleepy riverside city. The rice farmers gossip about the harvest, the young new magistrate, and who has the best boat for the River Flower Festival. But you've spent the last couple of days investigating mysterious disappearances, river pirates, and secret conspiracies. Can you uncover who is behind the trouble before it's too late? It's a double helping of mystery and martial arts mayhem via Mutants and Masterminds 3e.

Cast of Characters (which we'll pick at the game):
Mok To-Bon; Hulking warrior, lazy guardsman, but you don't mess with his family's boat.
Fong Yuen; A traveling wu-jen. It's easy to be the crotchety old man when you can make things explode.
Chou Liu Pang; A dashing out-of-town noble with his family honor to protect and more than his share of secrets.
Hou Tze; How does a goofy bald teenager make his way alone in the kingdom? Guardian spirits and Mad Monkey Kung Fu!
Chu Chu Chong; You don't complain about the service when the waitress can chuck you through the wall into the next closest restaurant...
K'ai Hua Lui; This reserved beauty has spent much of her time exploring the seedy underbelly of Cham Fou since she arrived from downriver, but why?

WalkingCorpse -- New Warrior Titans of Gotham Serve Some Young Justice! (Marvel Super-Heroes Adventure Game (SAGA system))

Set in an alternate DCU future that also serves as the dawn of the era of Marvel heroes (i.e. crossover free for all), this game boasts mostly teen heroes.

Twenty years ago, Superman responded to an urgent distress call in the Middle East, disappearing shortly afterward. A few years later, governments around the world started cracking down on costumed heroes and metahumans. Eventually, the other heroes disappeared as well (though there are still urban legends of a certain vigilante roaming the rooftops of Gotham City). Fast-forward to present day: Accepted Students Day at Gotham University. All is calm and serene until a superhuman danger tied to a familiar past unleashes violence upon the faculty and families. Will new heroes worth marvelling at or saviors only seen in such pulp literature as detective comics step in to save the day? And what dark secret spurs it all on?

The SAGA system is pretty easy to pick up, using a FATE deck for action resolution. Each player has a hand of cards based on their experience. This hand represents both their ability to control whether they succeed in their actions and how much abuse they can take. The basics can be handled easily at the start, and the other stuff can be resolved during play.

John Crichton -- Cowboys & Globetrotters II (Hollow Earth Expeditions)

My HEX game is a 1890's pulpy romp where real life and literary characters meet. Think of it like the action movie version of folks like:

- Sherlock Holmes
- John Watson
- Elizabeth Cochran
- James Butler Hickok
- Martha Jane Cannary Burke
- Herman George Wells

Zephrin the Lost -- Leverage

TBD

Last edited by a moderator:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Morning is Piratecat, Shadowdenizen, FickleGM, and Umbran. Afternoon is Qualidar, WalkingCorpse, JC and Zephrim.

We'll open up registration next Monday evening, 7pm EST. That work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads