• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bothered About Disposable Dragons (B.A.D.D.) Membership Drive

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
It's been a long time since I've actually posted anything on this board. Part of that I'd seen this idea pop up on a Google search.

There are players whose styles drive me away, and those who treat dragons as a fantasy Wal-Mart are among them.

Usually I'm not in favor of out immaturing the immature players, but when it comes to dragons why not? The Dragon Jedi/Sith Lord uses Force Lightning on you!

So sign me up for B.A.D.D. please!

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
In my campaign world, anyone who wants to become a god has to get permission from the Elder Dragons, Divine Rank 0 Great Wyrms of each color. So...the dragons are better than Gods!

Heh, top that measly adventurers.

BADD-a..hem, nevermind.

Just, BADD. ;)

Cabled

First Post
Welverin said:
I'm B.A.D.D. to the bone! It's unthinkable that dragons are treated like a bunch of pansies incapable of killing a few measly adventurers.
I blame JRR Tolkien for that horrible depiction of Smaug in The Hobbit, as if an single arrow could kill a dragon, pfft.

Now don't go blaming Tolkien if your character has never found an Arrow of Dragon Slaying :lol:

Wolfspider

Explorer
Wow. What nicely nostalgiac bit of thread necromancy (which, in this case, would result in a dracolich, I'm guessing).

Speaking of which, what do y'all think of the Top 10 Most Wanted dragons listed in Dragon Magazine 356? I certainly agree that Dragotha should be number one. He has always captured my imagination, and he certainly was given grand treatment in the Age of Worms adventure path. What a nasty critter he is!

kolikeos

First Post
In my games dragons don't rule the world but they are sure as hell not a walkover. Usually when my PCs encounter a dragon they run like there's no tomorrow.

I oh so very hate settings where dragons are used as mounts, or where their body parts are easily acquired.

So yes, I'm very B.A.D.D!

The huge white dragon my PCs fought hid its treasure at the bottom of an underground lake, and breathed every day or so on the surface of said lake (the surface would freeze) so no one will find the treasure (plus making the floor of its home slippery to invaders). When it seemed to the dragon that it was losing to the adventurers, it broke the surface of the ice so that the adventurers would fall in. Then breathed on them.

Last edited:

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
If I'd known about it earlier, I would have joined earlier. As a dracophile, it is my sworn duty to see that they are run properly.

Agent Oracle

First Post
I'm joining this movement.

Of course, my primary setting is Dragonstar, where dragons Allready rule the universe, so the point is moot, but damn it, they are smart!

Remove ads