Bounty of the Endless Sands

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Eskon]While it's true you weren't sent by Larue, as mentioned there is a bounty on his head that would be paid by Larue. I believe the group was good-aligned enough that they all agreed to help Bret without looking into the bounty, but anyone in the group technically could if you bring in Anton for justice. I think Larue's name wasn't mentioned more than once by Bret, but he's the local lord for whom Bret's father worked.[/SBLOCK]

Lot

First Post
[sblock=Rystil Arden]Must have missed that. I remember going on the mission because of Bret's appeal to justice for the murder of his father. That is why Eskon went on the mission. I can say that Eskon didn't overhear about the bounty or that monetary rewards never entered his mind.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Eskon]Right--the group wound up going just to bring him to justice, but initially Bret came offering a bounty: I think they just didn't look into the bounty further, and that's cool too ;)[/SBLOCK]

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi scowls at Vrina, attempting to remember what she was talking about. That had been longer ago. However, Tandi does remember her group taking Vrina in for a time when her own people cast her out. She doesn't say anything to the matter though.

"We came here after encountering some sort of spell wielder in the desert that was slaying some of their kind. After the fight, the rest of my group was welcomed inside. I was not. So I made may way here. As to what happened to the the rest of them, I do not know. They could still be in there or they could be long gone. Thus, my previous statement. The village would know more about Anton's whereabouts than I would."

Deciding that she is done discussing semantics with these people, Tandi returns to her camp.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Tandi]That'd be when the party ambushed the hobgoblins and then Tandi slit their throats after the fight--

"Tandi looks around, unsure of what to do next, then realizes that if any of the hobgoblins return to consciousness, there will be more trouble than they can handle. Unsheathing the dagger she just retrieved, she sets about removing the life's blood from each one of them, each time sending a small prayer to Russna. "Please forgive me, but I must complete their journey to the other side so that our efforts are not in vain." After doing so, she will then search the hobgoblins to see if they had any potions that could be used to help bring her companions to better health."

As to Vrina--she wasn't cast out by her own people, but rather she owed her life to Somac because he failed to kill her when he beat her in a duel.
[/SBLOCK]

Lot

First Post
Eskon sees the tension unraveling the situation. As Tandi turns away, Eskon approaches her cautiously.

"Um...listen. Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. We, well we were sent to find Anton and bring him to justice. And, from your story, it sounds more complicated than we first thought. Maybe Larue is hiding something. Who knows?"

Eskon pauses, obviously choosing his words carefully.

"We need to catch up to Anton and understand what he's up to. I'm not looking for a fight. We just need to understand what is happening, is all. We...well, we would appreciate if you could help us. Help facilitate a dialog and avoid any hostilities, if possible."

shadowbloodmoon

First Post
Tandi looks to the rest of the group, guaging each of them. "If understanding is what you seek, then I will do what I can to help you. However, the people in that village are none too keen on my presence, so you will have to ask them where Anton and the rest went."

Tandi will begin to pack up what little she has.

Lot

First Post
Eskon nods to Tandi as she speaks.

"Yes, we have spoken to the village and they have told us where Anton and your companions are headed. They have offered us a guide as well to help us find them. They are treading into a forbidden area that supposedly contains some great power. With you along, we may be able to speak to them without instigating any unnecessary hostility.

Eskon draws slightly to Tandi.

"I am a paladin of Hyrag. You can trust me not to deceive you."

Remove ads