• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Bramble Break DC

LankyOgre

First Post
Good Day y'all. I'm trying to figure out a break DC for a wall of brambles. I can find the table for walls and doors, but I'm having trouble finding break DCs for more naturally occurring obstacles. Specifically, I'm running Rise of the Runelords and I know I have a player that is going to try to cast enlarge person on herself while in the [sblock] bramble maze at the beginning of the assault on Thistletop.[/sblock] Since Enlarge Person allows a strength check or you stay the size of the room, I'm trying to figure out what to tell her. Manacles and Chains are only a break DC of 26 and rope is 23. I'm leaning towards placing it somewhere in between those.

mertonmonk

First Post
A Wall of Stone says this: "If a creature tries to break through the wall with a single attack, the DC for the Strength check is 20 + 2 per inch of thickness."

I'd say for a Wall of Brambles, it'd be more like 15 + 1 per inch of thickness. I would think the character would take damage from plowing through the wall, but the rules don't seem to handle that!

Remove ads