Bring Back Modrons

Not a modron fan. They're nearly as dumb as gelatinous cubes, piercers, and mimics.

I almost agree with this, except I think that they're dumber than gelatinous cubes, pierces, and mimics. By far. :p

And when someone describes modrons as inherently silly (not a direct quote, I'd need to check my email to find it), that generally doesn't make me think they're a fan of the creatures.

I don't know if anyone officially on the design team said that, but I did. Many times. And I'll keep doing so. ;)

And I hated them until they were envisioned as clockwork beings.

I can tolerate them better as clockwork beings than in their previous form. As clockwork creations, I can envision conceptualizations in which I don't hate them with a passion--barely. As actual living geometric critters, I cannot.

All of this is just IMO, of course--I have no say over what the design team does (much as I sometimes want to ;))--but I very much don't want them in 4E, and if I had to have them in 4E, I'd go for the "clockwork creations of some mysterious other entity" over anything else.

Dausuul

Legend
I have no interest in 3E-style modrons. The old "geometric shapes" modrons sound mildly interesting, but even so... meh. I'm glad they no longer play an important role in the cosmology.

If they get reintroduced in some 4E Monster Manual down the road, I won't be up in arms about it (unless they take up a lot of space to the detriment of more interesting monsters), but neither will I be inclined to use them.

Wycen

Explorer
Actually the 2 in the back are supposed to be wearing each half of a broken egg on their heads and the blob at their feet is the yolk :p
I'm not too happy with the broken shell. I didn't mean to leave the orange part on the bottom half of the broken shell and rendered it before I realized it. I had submitted the pic before realizing it and never bothered to fix that.

I figured out they were wearing the shells, but think it would be appropriate for them to continue to experiment with the "ovoid objects".

Oryan
ah!! :) well that's why I stick to Poser, Vue and Rhino (and Bryce in times past): much much more pleasant to work with ;)
I bought Lightwave as it' sthe most user firendly fo the "Big apps" I think, but don't have time etc to learn it, sigh

avin

First Post
I almost agree with this, except I think that they're dumber than gelatinous cubes, pierces, and mimics. By far. :p

Heretic! I'll come here and OBLITERATE every single monster you create for Dungeon! You shall pay!!!

By the way, 4E has already a large army of monsters considered silly by a lot of people. "Elemental with armor and weapons" (archons) seem to be a favorite around.

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Heretic! I'll come here and OBLITERATE every single monster you create for Dungeon! You shall pay!!!
Yes! We shall march together against this bastion of wickedness!

And yet, when victory will be in our grasp and the evil Mouseferatu will be about to fall, we shall fall upon each other fighting for which version of the Modrons is the true one...

Verily, it will be a poignant, but tragic tale...

Remove ads