Broad Arrow Jack presents Crypt of the Everflame [IC Thread]

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Another, if you please, miss" Elandril says with a smile to Asina. "Can't wait for the ceremony" he says to his table mates. "Hopefully, Holgast can wake up long enough to attend.

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Asina makes her way over again to the table of the guests of honor with a fresh round of drinks. "About time you showed up, holy roller," she drawls, taking note of Corvus' arrival. She rarely misses an opportunity to needle the young cleric of Sarenrae about something or other, if only to get a rise out of Mariana. "Dad says the soup's getting cold, but I guess the mayor told him there's supposed to be five on the trip, so he's waiting to serve dinner. Too bad for you!" Asina giggles and scurries away.

ethandrew

First Post
His heart racing, Seddon had never been this nervous. It was just an inn, afterall, and all it signaled was the end of his childhood and the start of his life as a man. This day almost didn't come, if his father had his way, but here he was, his hand hovering over the latch that'd let him into the Seven Silvers.

With a sharp breath, the youth grasped the door and pulled it open with too much force and exuberance. Apparently getting it over with wasn't the best course of action when it came to opening up doors, as the young woodsman blundered his grand entrance. After the obligatory bang of clumsiness, Seddon Brusk walked into the taproom, not quite sure who he was looking for at the moment.

The mayor had instructed the archer to meet the other four here at this inn, immediately, and so here he was, anxious, scared, and most likely unprepared. Avoiding the stares of those who might or might not actually be looking, Seddon walks over to the service counter with his pack snug and secure and his longbow slung over his shoulder.

"Hi. I was told to meet people here?" he asks in a quiet voice, one not meant for people to overhear for some reason. "For the Everflame."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Elandril looks up as the new comer enters the tavern. He is shocked when he mentions the Ever Flame, he looks to his table mates in confusion. "You guys know anything about this?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"We never run out of ale here Anundr, at least, I know where the secret stash is if we ever need it," she winks at him.

She sips at her own ale, barely able to see the door fly open over the top of her mug. She watches as the nervous looking young man enters and a mischievous grin slowly makes its way onto her face as his back is to her as he stands at the bar. She nods knowingly at her friends then leaves their table.

She saunters over to the youth, her eyes wide with admiration, ending just a little too close for comfort. In a breathy voice, "Did you say the EVERFLAME? Are you one of those heroes going off tomorrow on that grand adventure? You're so LUCKY," she says, tilting her head and smiling at him in a very flirty way.

ethandrew

First Post
The voice was unexpected and took Seddon by surprise. Turning to face her he smiled uneasily, having not meant to be so blatant about his reason here and not wanting the whole town to know. Self-praise wasn't really his thing. But he smiled nonetheless, his awkwardness taking over his fidgeting fingers as the much taller, quite attractive girl leaned into him. "Well yeah," his voice betraying his prevailing nervousness. "I suppose I am."

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Mirama's fun at the bar is interrupted by the emergence of a tall, older man from the kitchen, bearing a tray with five steaming bowls of beef barley soup. "Mirama, go sit down, it's time to eat," he admonishes her sternly. This is Trelvar Silvers, proprietor of the Seven Silvers and widowed father to Mirama and Asina. Casting an appraising eye down on the shorter bowman, Trelvar adds in fatherly fasion, "Ah. You must be Seddon, the Mayor told me to expect you. Well, don't stand there all night, go and join the others, son."

Once the five young adventurers have all been seated, the festivities begin in earnest. The soup course if followed in succession by a cold salad of spinach greens and boiled eggs, pan-fried lake trout with wild rice, and boiled mutton chops with new potatos and cranberry-honey sauce. It's clear that Trelvar has spared little expense in honoring the youngsters. Throughout the lavish meal, Asina runs to and fro serving drinks, clearing cutlery, and generally looking annoyed and exasperated. The revelry is further enhanced by frequent toastings by various townfolk, and the entire inn seems gripped by a spirit of excitement and celebration. The itinerant bard Jocyn Elmaran* even composes a rousing, impromptu ballad comparing the courage of 'The Conquering Five' to that of founder Ekat Kassen himself. Only one man, alone at a corner table, seems unaffected by the tavern's jubilant mood. He is known to regulars of the Seven Silvers as Cygar Anravis a scar-faced man who dresses in dark colors and has kept mostly to himself since renting a room some four months prior. Nonetheless, the party lasts deep into the wee hours of the morning, until finally the revelers begin to straggle off to their homes and beds.

OOC: Everyone, please role-play as much interaction as you'd like for this scene. Get to know one another, etc. When you're ready, I'll advance to the following day...the big send-off in the town square.

*Jocyn is the only real entertainer in the town, having settled in Kassen 4 years ago after a fight with orcs up near the Belkzen border left him with a crippled leg. Despite his injury, Jocyn is a capable performer, working with a variety of instruments and performance styles. He lives in one of the rooms above the Seven Silvers Tavern, where he performs nightly.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Mariana continues to smile as she inches closer. "That is SO amazing! I mean, I heard that those heroes are so brave and talented and strong and smart. You must be all of those things too if you are one of them." She stands looking him over, grinning. "I even heard they were quite crafty."

She smirks then takes a little step away from the blushing youth. In between them she holds up her hand, which now has his coin purse in it. "Yes, those heroes are very crafty." She grabs his hand and extends it, dropping his coin purse back in it. "I hear they are very good looking too." Her crooked grin accentuates her sparkling, playful blue eyes as she stands staring down the newcomer.

Remove ads