Broad Arrow Jack presents Crypt of the Everflame [IC Thread]

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Having fun with the new blood are we?" Elandril asks with a smirk. "Well, now that you know how 'crafty' we are, come join us. Eat, drink, be merry! For tomorrow we may die. Or something like that, not that I expect to die mind you.

ethandrew

First Post
He looks down at his proffered hand containing a decently weighted coin purse. After a second he shakes his head and pushes the purse back to the girl, "Wait no, I'm not supposed to be paid for this, it's an honor to go for the Everflame, and..." his quiet voice cuts short. Recognition dawns on his face along with a healthy blush. His mother had made him this purse a few months back, he could now clearly see the subtle embroidery.

His hand slides back to his side, purse in tow. "Oh," was all he could manage.

A meek smile followed the invite from the table, and Seddon removed his pack and bow, setting them to the side of the table as the foodstuffs and drinks kept coming out.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Mariana sits back at the table with a satisfied smile. Yes, she was ready for adventure.

"I hope you don't mind Seddon that I had a little fun with you. I didn't mean to embarrass you or anything. Just testing your mettle a little." She pushes a tankard of ale in front of him. "Please, join our little party. Apparently Elandril thinks we may die tomorrow so that means we should enjoy tonight as much as we can! Plus all Anundr here does is grunt so having someone else for conversation is helpful." She snickers then delicately sips her ale, waiting for a reaction - or non reaction - from the barbarian.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Now, Mariana, I said I didn't expect to die. Its merely the type of thing said on such occassions. Its in all the tales you know. Besides any excuse to enjoy myself, and get away from Holgast's errends. You know what its like to be busy, he says eying her younger sister, with a wink. Speaking of tales we must have a name for our group. Or do we go with Jocyn's "Conquering Five?"

"Superb trout Mr. Silvers as is the rest of the meal." Then as if it just occurs to him, " how about a dance Mariana?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"That's quite a fine idea! I'm usually working like a slave," she glances at her father, "While Jocyn is playing. I'd love to get to enjoy for once." She hops up from the table and extends her hand waiting for Elandril to join her. "Of course, I might not be able to keep up with your delicate elven feet," she grins.

Rhun

First Post
At Mariana's ribbing, Anundr merely lifts his mug in a salute to the girl. "Grunt AND drink," he says, and then polishes off the ale in a single swallow.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Oh, while I have the natural grace of my race, I've never been trained. Still it seems to be the thing to do at a party. Any suggestion for the company name?"

Rhun

First Post
While Mariana and Elandil dance, Anundr watches Seddon over the rim of his ale mug as if sizing the man up. After a couple of minutes of this, he finally speaks. "So what is it you do?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Corus listens to Anundr and waits for the newcomer's answer, but his eyes are tracking Mariana as she traverses the floor with Elandil.

ethandrew

First Post
Seddon shifts in his seat and places his soup spoon down. His eyes move from the dancing pair and onto the burly man before him, "Well, I spend most of my days hunting and taking care of the household chores, nothing too fancy." He picks his spoon up again and stirs the soup. "What about you two?"

Remove ads