• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Building Eberron (Using non-Eberron books)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rystil Arden said:
As to Warlocks--They could be tainted by Khyber! :)
In Dragon 332, Keith Baker talks about just that. You can see an example build using those traits (changes cold iron to beyshk and gives access to voice of madness) here.

Ferrix

Explorer
So as Bront said and others agreed to... let's go a bit slower... so classes.

Agreeable
Scout (CV)
Spellthief (CV)
Warlock (CA)
Spirit Shaman (CD)
Favored Soul (CD)
Hexblade (CW)
Swashbuckler (CW)
Duskblade (PHBII)
Beguiler (PHBII)
Dragon Shaman (PHBII)
Archivist (HoH)

Questionable
Oriental Classes
Ardent
Divine Mind
Lurk
Marshal
Warmage

Denied
Incarnum Classes
Tome of Magic Classes (although I think the Binder would be fine)

Patlin

Explorer
Questionable
Oriental Classes
Ardent
Divine Mind
Lurk
Marshal
Warmage

I'm not familiar with the marshall, but all of the others seem OK to me. I'd especially like to see the Divine Mind, it's a cool class and in some ways is like a Psionic Bard, but without all the sucking. (OK, apologies to those who love Bards.) :)

Erekose13

Explorer
Among the questionable classes, only the oriental classes stick out for me. The rest are perfectly fine. I've played an ardent and a warmage and seen a marshal. They all work fine (though yes the orbs would have to be modified). To me even the oriental classes work, but then its a matter of changing the flavor of the classes rather than sticking them in as is.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Among the questionable classes, only the oriental classes stick out for me. The rest are perfectly fine. I've played an ardent and a warmage and seen a marshal. They all work fine (though yes the orbs would have to be modified). To me even the oriental classes work, but then its a matter of changing the flavor of the classes rather than sticking them in as is.
The Psionic ones are only questionable because we'd probably like to keep to the rule of waiting 6 months before allowing in crunch on the basis that more people will have access to it by then. As for the Marshal--it's too weak to be a PC class, but if someone actually was dying to play one for some reason, I wouldn't stop them from proposing it :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Beguiler, bah. Who need 'em. Back in my days, we played bards and we liked it! ;)
Back in your day (assuming your day was before 3e), I played Bards and liked them too! But the new Bard is a terribly-designed class ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads