XXXXX
XXXXX@

Burst 2 within 10 from @

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX....@
XXXXX
XXXXX

Close Burst 2 is everything within 2 of you, which can create different shapes for larger creatures... so from a Large Dragon (D)

XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXDDXX
XXDDXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX

So much hate for the Firecubes.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
keterys said:
Blast 5 from @

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX@

Also blast 5 from @:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX@
XXXXX
XXXXX

Or:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX@
XXXXX

Or:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
@

Well, you get the idea.

Lord Ernie

First Post
I remember this being explained before, but for some reason I didn't quite understand it up till now (specifically: Blast is the new Cone). Thanks for the ASCII art, mates :).

KevinF

First Post
If the Firecubes are real problem - use hex maps, and replace the word "Square" with "Hex", and everything should work out great. It solves the diagonal movement issues some people have, and it makes fire balls round...

I think anyone that has trouble with squares should be able to easily convert to hex maps.

dekrass

Explorer
KevinF said:
If the Firecubes are real problem - use hex maps, and replace the word "Square" with "Hex", and everything should work out great. It solves the diagonal movement issues some people have, and it makes fire balls round...

I think anyone that has trouble with squares should be able to easily convert to hex maps.

I'd say they're roundish.
They become fire hexes instead of fire cubes, but it is closer to circular.

I happen to prefer hexes, anyway. :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

A dragon, ogre, and/or your character aren't cubes in spite of occupying a square base, so what's the problem with a square-based fireball?

Keterys (or anybody else who can answer it):

Is the range 10 on a blast mean the WHOLE blast needs to be within 10, or that the Point of Origin needs to be no more than 10 away?

Fitz

frankthedm

First Post
This help?

burstblastzk8.gif

Remove ads