• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Cartogrpaher 3

D'karr

Adventurer
Mercule said:
So, we can talk about it, now?

I'm really liking the new toy. It has some really sweet features that help your maps look even better. I've only had a chance to do (most of) one map, so far, but it's nice. I'm looking forward to playing some more.

Yes, we can talk about it. The Early Adopter Program message has been sent out to the registered users of CC2/CC2Pro, including vouchers for those that had purchased within a specific timeframe. I guess that in about a month Profantasy will release the retail version.

I've been playing around with some old maps. I've found the "new" tools rather interesting and slightly more intuitive. I've created tools for making preset ocean fractals, each with different "depth" bitmap fills. I'm doing the same for the landscape tools.

I love the look of the new symbols. You can tell that some real artistry and work went into those. I've imported several PNG's for use as symbols. I'm trying to understand the instructions for varicolor PNGs, so I can create my own. I really love the capability for transparency.

The ability to switch visual effects on and off is fantastic. I can work on a map until I like the look and then turn on the effects that make it really shine. It also helps as the effects may slow down redraw performance on my older machine.

Overall my early impression rating is a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Legend

First Post
Something I put together in a few hours

Here's an example of what CC3 is capable of in the hands of an intermediate user:

http://www.otakalypse.com/exiawiki/index.php/Image:Exia_Beings_Map_WIP.PNG

And the world map:
http://www.otakalypse.com/exiawiki/index.php/Image:Keth_WIP.jpg

I wouldn't consider either one finished (especially the world map) but they're both pretty nice so far.

Note: You may get a 403 Forbidden error when you load the pages. Just click the refresh button and it should work.

Zulithe

Explorer
To view the image in Firefox, you can try copying the URL, opening a new tab, pasting the url and pressing enter. that works for me

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads