• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign Wiki's

underthumb

First Post
I think Obisidan Portal looks pretty cool, but the terms of service leave me cold:

By submitting Content to AisleTen for inclusion on your Website, you grant AisleTen a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content.

By submitting your content, you've just granted them a royalty-free right to publish it wheverer and whenever they want. Yes this is couched in the language of "promoting" your content, but this still seems fishy. How is "promoting" definited? My guess is that they can basically do what they want with your content. This may not bother you, but it would bother me.

C_M2008

First Post
I think Obisidan Portal looks pretty cool, but the terms of service leave me cold:

By submitting your content, you've just granted them a royalty-free right to publish it wheverer and whenever they want. Yes this is couched in the language of "promoting" your content, but this still seems fishy. How is "promoting" definited? My guess is that they can basically do what they want with your content. This may not bother you, but it would bother me.

True, but then I'm not posting my best stuff, basically just point form details and summary notes, nothing that would earn a profit.

Hussar

Legend

I think and IANAL, what they are saying is they might advertise their site using your wiki as an example.

Looking at that wording, I doubt very much they could take what you've posted and publish it in a book and try to rely on that boilerplate for protection.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads