• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can A Cat CLose an Open Door?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
mcrow said:
I highly doubt that in the real world that a cat can drag 115 lbs or carry 22 lbs, but I know for a fact that a cat can shut a normal sized hinged door.

Considering my cat weighs about 22 lbs, I'm pretty sure he can carry it. Anybody got a 22 lb monkey and a saddle?

Dragging 115 lbs is a bit much though.

LordVyreth

First Post
My cats have been known to close doors as well. I think it's less a matter of wanting to close a door and more about playing with a new toy and not learning the horrible truth until it's too late.

SweeneyTodd

First Post
I feel compelled to point out Cat: The Roleplaying Game (http://wicked-dead.com/cat/). Not that it has rules for carrying capacity.

I do agree that any ruling on cats is entirely dependent on what they feel like doing. If one was a familiar, and could communicate with you, I'd be worried -- I know my cat thinks I'm her "staff", if she spoke English she'd probably start giving me orders.

Maraxle

First Post
My cat regularly opens and closes doors, cupboards, drawers, and the lid to the trashcan. While none of the interior doors in my house would qualify as heavy wooden doors, he is rather small for a full-grown cat, weighing only 8 pounds, and moves these medium weight doors with ease.

On a somewhat related note, he also has me trained to open the front door of the house when he rings the bell that's hanging from the doorknob. He likes to sit there and look out through the glass outer door, and then closes it when he's done.

Remove ads