Can Dextyr Keep All These Strikers Alive? (DM: JoeNotCharles, Ozymandias79 Judging)

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Silly Player!]Diplomacy checks are for NPC's.[/sblock]
"Pfft! You are silly!"

"I no like to wait. Patience is virtue for the dead. To them is okay for to wait."

"I tell you, I go to check on other job. If is no wait, I go do. If is wait, I come back."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
After Tonk runs off again, Tristan speaks up. The weird part is that none of the three noticed him arrive - the elf was simply there, slipping a piece of paper (upon which was written his name) into the box and talking. "Well, he certainly is persistent. No matter; I will wait for the bishop's return. I take it both of you are doing likewise?"
[sblock=OOC]Stealth (1d20+11=27). Just wanted to see if I can sneak up on all of you :p Beat all of your Passive Perceptions :)[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]He wasn't moving fast enough for speed to be a factor, so lack of cover would be the only one. Even if it's -5 I still beat everyone's passive scores - Blade has the best with 21 :)

Plus, it's in a corridor in a building that quite possibly has less-than-optimal lighting, and he could have potentially used someone's body as visual barrier. Unless you were all facing the direction Tristan would have come from, heh. [/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=And still, "No."]You'd have to move at 1/3rd the speed of the rest of the group. Since you arrived about the same time, "Uh-uh."[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Good Luck Tonk, you will be greatly missed punch brother. Perhaps in this like or the next we will meet again. Blade says to the departing half-orc, then turning to the newly appeared Tristan.

"That is some power you have to remain unseen. As long as you don't stab our foes in the back, I am genuinely impressed. You are correct, I will remain here, a few moments in my experiences. Perhaps we can spar a bit while we wait? I see that unique blade in your hands, I haven't seen anyone capable of wielding such an implement with any skill. Would you mind demonstrating for me?" Blade asks, stepping back to give Tristan some room.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Who said I was being stealthy all the way from the tavern? Getting separated somewhere along the way and then shadowing the group (you guys can't outrun Tristan, unless Tonk is charging someone), he could easily sneak down the last corridor or whatever once you've stopped. You three did have time for a short conversation and one bout of lockpicking, I might add. ;)

You just don't want to get sneaked up on :p[/sblock]
"It would pass the time ... but my skills truly work better when there is an opponent. Striking empty air is ... rather boring." Tristan ponders a moment, then decides to humor Blade somewhat. Drawing the blade, he holds it in a manner to let Blade inspect it. "It works well enough for my purposes. A very keen edge."

While Blade is looking at his sword, Tristan shares some thoughts on one of his other statements. "I suppose I'm not surprised that you don't approve of stabbing foes in the back. But if you aren't alert enough to notice an enemy sneaking up on you, it's your own fault when their sword goes through your chest. As far as I'm concerned. I won't forgive my enemies' shortcomings. Would you refrain from cutting down a man who did not know how to wield the weapon he had picked up, simply because of his lack of skill?"

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
A short, dirty, female elf ambles up the street toward the temple, humming a tune, the levity of which seems out of character for the dull, urban setting. It seems to paint, with music, a scene of sunshine breaking through a canopy of forest leaves, illuminating a path, one spot of light at a time.

A longbow is slung across her back, one end stabbing at the air over her head like an antenna, while the other end almost drags on the ground behind her. Daggers adorn her belt, and mud is smeared across her face.

Her hands are smeared with dried blood, and her breath smells of ale (but only slightly). She smiles to herself as she walks up to the temple door, ignoring the gathered group. In a soft low voice, the tune she was humming takes some improptu words...

"Three boys, a half-orc.
Here is the place to apply.
Bishop Klogg's Office."

Mikara reads the note, and an annoyed look crosses her face. She spits on her bloody hand and rolls her finger on a piece of the provided paper, leaving a rusty print. She folds the paper and slides it into the box.

It's only at this point that she acknowledges the others, but only with a polite smile to each. Her smile to Dextyr seems a little forced, while she seems to be more amicable toward Tristan.

She walks past the group and back down the street to the Hanged Man.

Last edited:

Remove ads