D&D General Castle Zagyg Preludes

darjr

I crit!
🚨 Our 300k Stretch Goal has landed! 🚨 Castle Zagyg Preludes gives you the perfect road map for Gary Gygax’s legendary Castle Zagyg; ALL OF IT.

Extracted directly from the notes of Gary Gygax and written by Stephen and Davis Chenault, with an intro written by Luke Gygax!
Make It Possible: https://bit.ly/fb_World_Builders

From the sprawling wharfs of the Free City of Yggsburgh, to the farmlands of the East Mark, and on to the Castle itself; the walls and precincts around it, the caves in the hills, and the dungeons that lie beneath.

Here’s a link to the specific update in the current kickstarter

IMG_9750.jpeg

Retreater

Legend
This is exactly the kind of stretch goal I don't like to see, since it's not really connected to the main project.
We have a $450 Encyclopedia set of world-building content somewhat written by Gary Gygax, And now as a last-minute stretch goal, they're including a portion of a mega dungeon adventure? So ... I guess if you just want to run the mega dungeon, you need to buy this $450 Encyclopedia set?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I hope that this product will be offered for sale separately at some point in the future. I'm not backing this campaign, but I would be interested in this.

Retreater

Legend
I don't want to give the impression that I don't like anything about this KS. I own a lot of TLG stuff, and I backed the Book of Names individual book of this set. I just don't want a 200 page treatise on developing Gygax's version of an actual realistic Medieval European thieves' guild.
After reading Yggsburgh, I don't have much desire for "actual realistic Medieval European" world building.

It doesn't even say what it is, a roadmap? The entire Zagyg works? I guess it is just like a free quick guide/looksie type thing, and intro?

Not clear at all, no page count, nada

Remove ads