(Casual D&D) A Game of Trust

National Acrobat

First Post
Merrim listens intently to the beautiful melody that springs forth. When it is done, she claps in appreciation. She then walks over to the gnome and introduces herself.

"Beautiful song. Very enjoyable. I am Merrim Pomperol." She holds out her hand as if to shake his hand.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Niccolo looks up , cradling his Violin in the crook of his left arm. 'Greetings, I am Niccolo Cynistrum.' Niccolo paused, setting down his instrument, Would you care for some breakfast, the pie here is Divine, and the Cook does wonders with a fried egg. Smiling, the strange black haired gnome gestures to a nearby table.

National Acrobat

First Post
Merrim goes to the table. "I would love to join you. I have been in town only a couple of hours, and honestly, it isn't what I expected. It is nice to see another of the wee folk here. Back at home when tales are told of the big city, they are, well, they are more glamorous than this." Sticking out of her bag is a multi-colored jester's cap, complete with bells. "A nice serving of fried eggs sounds wonderful."

wings

First Post
mmmmm.. liquor

He opens his eyes and looks up at the bartender."Can't say ill against a tavern with a full shelf. Lets have something special, something that has yet to grace my Elven tasebuds. And some meat for our bird of prey, here."

He sits up straight in the stool, and opens his jacket some, enough to reach in and retrieve a book and an inkpen. He opens the book and begins to write in it, an elongated, spidery penmanship in the draconic toungue. Thoughts, theories, and sketches all go into this small, long book(so as to accomodate the vertical writing style of draconic) with very thin and fragile pages. The ink is a fine amber color.

"Hear that? we could be The Next Best Thing... fancy that. Well, if nothing else, I'd like to find some spells to add to my collection..."

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Re: mmmmm.. liquor

wings said:
He opens his eyes and looks up at the bartender."Can't say ill against a tavern with a full shelf. Lets have something special, something that has yet to grace my Elven tasebuds. And some meat for our bird of prey, here."

The barkeep smiles. Without turning his head, he calls back to the kitchen: "Hal! Bring in a rabbit's thigh!" And turns toward the rack...

He looks hard here and there: "Something yet to grace the tastebuds, ah?" And pulls a half-empty bottle of deep crimson liquid from the shelf. "This ought to be a surprise."

He pours a small share, around two ounces, into a short glass, then lifts it level with his eyes for inspection. "Pelly Hill rum, one of the finest gnomish liquors... That should be a little special, eh?"

As he sets down the drink, a round-faced, olive-skinned man of about ten too many years comes from the kitchen with a leg of raw, red meat. "Just the thigh then?"

The barkeep nods, takes it, sets it out on a battered wooden plate for the bird.

"That's three silver between the both... Pay as you go or pay as you leave, so long as you pay, right?"

He smiles his crooked smile once again. Taking the glass, you can feel that the drink is a fair bit colder than room temperature... Its taste is burning and foul in the mouth, but the aftertaste is sickly-sweet and strangely pleasant.

The barkeep turns away, catching sight of the gnomes at a table. "Mara!" he calls out to the serving-woman, then points back in their direction.

She arrives in short haste. "You two'll be having something then?" She turns and slips a smile to the lutist Oliver, who nods back.

Timothy

First Post
Can I still join?

I'll be Jalarzi Rednail, arragont female sorceress (human)

Don't have the char sheet right now, But I'll get/make it and post my spot/listen and checks and start to play.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Timothy said:
Can I still join?

Yep. Read over the ground rules up top -- short of it is I don't expect to see you character sheet, and I'd rather not know the class, but it's too late for that :) Anyway, walk in and introduce yourself once you've got enough to work with.

Timothy

First Post
Allready read the rules (didn't see that one bout class though)
Will start posting tomorrow (morning or late night)

dpdx

Explorer
Yay! A PbP game!

"Only the Sun knows why they send me to places like this," the fawn-haired young half-elf acolyte muttered to himself as he walked down the cobblestone street.

"You'd think they'd have learned from the LAST seven times they failed to gather souls for blessed Pelor that this was one of the most feebleminded ideas to come out of the local Temple in a dragon's age."

"Feh - at least I can get something to eat that isn't bread and water."

With that, the acolyte stopped, adjusted the polished, Temple-issue, 'recruitment' studded leather mail (are they KIDDING?) and light flail adorning him, centered his silver holy symbol on the breastplate, took a deep breath, and waited for the beautiful music to end (Listen: 8). He then pushed open the door to Caval's Horde.

Upon entry, he took three steps forward, looked around the room, and clearing his throat, announced:

"Ahem. My name is Brother Fendric, of the local temple of Pelor. The Holy Church wishes to extend an invitation to any citizens wishing to cleanse their souls, and bathe in the Holy Light..."

Pausing to look around the room (Spot: 14) at the blank stares he was accustomed to getting on such 'missions', he swallowed, and concluded by stammering, "erm, eh, thank you for your time."

He then strode to the bar, taking a seat to the other side of a burly human man, and asks the barkeep in a low voice, "Ale and some rabbit, please?"

Guilt Puppy

First Post
The patrons of the bar chuckle here and there at the Sun's humble messenger, but there are no takers for the great enlightenment.

The barkeep looks up, his face softens a little. "Ale and rabbit, sure thing..." He pokes his head briefly to the kitchen, then returns and begins filling a stout mug, slides it slow accross the table.

At the first sign of a reach toward coin or purse, he motions with his hands to stop. "Consider it a tithe," he says, then goes away to slap awake a drunk hunched over down the bar.

Remove ads