(Casual D&D) A Game of Trust

dpdx

Explorer
Meeting the barkeep square in the eye, Fendric says softly, "You have my deepest condolences on the loss of your brother. Perhaps I would have known him..."

Deliberately setting five silver on the bar within his eyesight, Fendric adds, "Perhaps this would help in some small way to ensure he had a headstone worthy of his service to the Shining One."

Merrim will excuse herself from Niccolo for a moment to head over to the Acolyte of Pelor. "Excuse me, sir, I couldn't help but overhear your, umm, entrance. Very well done I might add, was there something that you needed some folks to help you with? It almost sounded like a recruiting speech. At least back in the village I come from it would have been taken in that manner. I am," She puts out her hand, "Merrim Pomperol. Prestid, um Prestodig, um, Mage. Pleased to meet you."
(Unbelievable - someone actually didn't hate it?)

Brother Fendric turns, clasps the proffered hand, and says, "Well met, Miss Pomperol, and thank you for the compliment."

"Perhaps our Mission Cleric, Father Brewek might know of a task worthy of adventurers such as these."

(And it would give him an excuse not to make idiots out of my Brothers and Sisters on these ill-conceived proselytizing missions, Pelor willing...)

"In fact, cleric's quarters are getting quite crowded for this small Temple, and after my, ah, duty, as you saw it, I myself am on annual leave from Temple duty for the next two moons.
I'm not sure what I'll do with myself until then, but I imagine I would like to be of some use to an adventuring party."

"Go right ahead, i'd appreciate it! Eat up Astrule!!"
Hearing the elf reply to him, he smiles at Merrim: "If you'll excuse me for just an instant, I believe I owe that beautiful creature over there a piece of rabbit."

With that, he gets up from his stool, taking a half-eaten haunch from what remains of his plate, and smiling at Aerda, walks around him and the human to approach Astrule, cautiously, and holds out the piece of rabbit for the predator to grasp.

Daring to pet the hawk softly with his free hand, he says in a soothing voice, "Well met, Astrule. I am Brother Fendric, and may the Sun shine brightly on your aerie..."

Last edited:

National Acrobat

First Post
Merrim turns to Niccolo, "If you crave adventure or some excitement, I believe that our young acolyte of Pelor may be able to find us a way to achieve this."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Very Impressive, NA, you know of the great Sabbat-who I have just ahem, borrowed from, although I skipped about in the lyrics :D I almost went with some Emperor, but the Sabbat CD Cover jumped out at me.

Niccolo wipes his brow, something had just, what was the word..Channeled through him. he felt feverish, so he sat down. It had happened again, like it did last Week.Looking about nervously, the Gnome sipped his tea and observed those around him.

National Acrobat

First Post
OOC: I think that the Sabbat lyrics weave a good tale. Martin Walkyier is a very good writer. His lyrics with Skyclad are also very good.

Merrim points to the table that she is sharing with Niccolo and motions for the others to come join them if interested.

Mortisan

First Post
Viscus?

The chain-clad warrior scratches at his stubble as he ponders getting another drink, and winces slightly at the mispronounciation of his name.
"That's Victus, Ms. Rednail, Victus Ravenmourn. As for whether we are to join that.... gathering.... I'll leave that up to Aerda here." he picks up the glass and drains that final missed drop. He didn't feel like spending more than he was earning, especially not on rum.
"But then again, work is work...."

wings

First Post
Well

Aerda strokes his chin, where chin hair would be had his face has the propensity to grow hair. "Hmmm, welll... I have an idea... What do you say Astrule? Do we tag along?"

The hawk eats..

"Haha, lousy bird. Yeah, we're in. No commitments for now of course, but we will check out whats availiable, as im sure we all will want to do."

dpdx

Explorer
(Well, they're not converts, in the strictest sense, but I suppose Father Brewek might be pleased to see them, anyway. Perhaps this hastily-assembled group can help in some small way to give Hedrogura the thorough cleaning it deserves...)

Fendric looks away from his feeding of Astrule to notice various patrons of the bar convening at a large table. Setting the rest of the rabbit haunch on the table in front of the falcon, he goes back to his original seat at the bar, gathers his ale, and finds an empty seat at the table where Aerda, Victus, Merrim, Niccolo, and a human female have gathered.

Sitting down, he looks around the table, and says: "Father Brewek won't be up at this hour, so the soonest we can talk to him about a task is tomorrow morning. If we haven't found some work by then, I promise I'll talk to him at first light. I have to go back to the temple for the rest of my things, anyway. Like I mentioned to the lady (Fendric nods toward Merrim), I'm on annual leave from Temple duty for the next couple of moons..."

Last edited:

Remove ads