• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Casual D&D) A Game of Trust

Timothy

First Post
(OOC: At school now, can't roll any dice)

Yes, Please join us good Sir. Tell us a tale of your adventures, I am sure you had a lot of them.
My name Is Jallarzi Rednail, Sorceress, At your service.

dpdx

Explorer
(OOC: That dark red on black is very tough to read, because of the low contrast. Also at work, no dice.)

"Ah, yes, begging your pardon, where are my manners? I am Brother Fendric, and as you correctly guessed, Sir, I am of the Temple of Pelor here in Hedrogura. Won't you please join us?"

(edited, as in the post before, to correctly spell "Hedrogura.")

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
In response to Fendric:

"I had intended to go to services at dawn, but I would be honored to accompany you tonight, if only to know the place and share kind words."

Upon your three introductions:

He stands, and bows his head a touch, old eyelids rolling down. "I am greatly pleased to make your acquaintances. I am Exantrius, Knight of the Greater Kingdom, and it would be a joy to join you for a meal."

He finds a place at your table: It's beginning to get crowded, but he manages to squeeze in without too great a disruption.

Niccolo/Merrim: You recognize the term "Knight of the Greater Kingdom"... It refers to members of the Order of Just Unity, known also as the Holy Circle, but there more in fable.

Niccolo specifically: You recognize the name Exantrius from old tales of the Order, but they are very old -- you you've certainly heard them here and there since childhood. The most famous story details his defeat of the Dark Armies of Firomath, with a choir of two-thousand angels at his back. It is said he gained their favor at a grand ball in the heavens: It was said no mortal could dance with enough grace to suit a celestial harp, and he wagered rightly that he could prove them wrong.

It is also said that he was mortally wounded in his climactic battle against the inhuman knight Firomath on the rim of the volcano Kieros, so it would seem that either the stories or the man are misleading.

(BTW, I hope none of you mind me posting character-specific knowledge in public... I'm assuming you can role-play as if you didn't know, but if you find it interferes, let me know and I'll start emailing.

dpdx

Explorer
(OOC: I'm all right with 'mindblock'.

A couple questions: this is an 'Inn like any other.' Does it have rooms? Would Fendric (having been there once in a while for proselytizing) know of this without asking the barkeep?

The plan was to go back to the Temple (now with Exantrius), then come back to stay the night. If there were no rooms, or they were all taken, Fendric would have stayed the night at the Temple, then returned to the bar in the morning to be 'on scene' and set out with whatever the group was doing... /OOC)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
(dpdx: This is a "tavern like any other," but not an inn... There's an inn about a block down, Pilate's, that you know is associated with the tavern in some way -- you're not sure exactly how, just that people seeking stronger drink or a larger variety of meals are generally sent from Pilate's to Caval's, and people seeking a night's rest are generally sent from Caval's to Pilate's.)

Last edited:

wings

First Post
Introduction

Aerda closes his book, pocketing it and the pen once more. He noticed that the gnomes seemed to have heard something of this man, and wondered who he was. "Aerda Darlmeth Akylaine, how do you do?" He nods politely.

National Acrobat

First Post
"Wow, I am humbled by meeting you Sir Knight. She turns to Niccolo, "do you have any other stories about Exantrius or his Order? I barely recognize the name of the Order."

Timothy

First Post
Good sir Exantrius, If I may be so bold to ask, what does a great knight do in this city. Although the city is famed around the world, you surely have been here before, and realized it is nothing more than a stinking hole that lives off his past.

Edit: spelling :(

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
(OOC: There's a spellcheck button at the bottom of the form.)

"Oh! Before I forget, I must arrange my room for the night! I'm on two moons' annual leave! Shining One bless you All, I'll be right back!"

Fendric excuses himself from the table, leaves, and walks the block to Pilate's.

Assuming nothing happens to him on the way there, he'll inquire of the innkeeper at Pilate's about a room for the night...

(anything would be better than another night at the Temple, as Brother Asgriff snores, and Brother Kalan can be counted on to ramble well into the night with his treatises on the undead, because he's banished an entire TWO zombies in his own right...)

...if there is one available, he'll pay for it, get the key and inform the innkeeper that he'll be back later, for his things.

Fendric will then return to Caval's, smiling (if he got the room) and sitting down at his usual place.

Last edited:

Remove ads