(Casual D&D) A Game of Trust

National Acrobat

First Post
OOC: By the by, Merrim is an illusionist.

Merrim turns to the serving lady, "My acquaintance said something about delightful fried eggs that were served here. I would like to partake of that, and some sort of vegetable and bread if you would please." Merrim digs some coins out of her pocket. "I think this should cover it."

Merrim turns to Niccolo, "so what brings you to this, this well, this city? I got bored and wanted to see the world. Or either my former master kicked me gently out the door and asked me to see the world. I think it depends on your point of view. Yep, I wanted to see the world."

Last edited:

Mortisan

First Post
Guilt Puppy said:
He looks hard here and there: "Something yet to grace the tastebuds, ah?" And pulls a half-empty bottle of deep crimson liquid from the shelf. "This ought to be a surprise."

"I'll have the same," Victus says absent-mindedly, running his fingers over the deep scar running from the left portion of his lower lip to just short of his jawline, vaguely recalling the event which created it.

Victus can't help but scoff at the loud-mouthed man of Pelor, but also can't help but be intrigued at his words, wishing that he had finished what he was saying. After all, employment was employment. Then again, that whole "cleansing of the souls" and "holy light" business sounded pretty much like charity.

Nodding to the barkeep, "An open ear would be much appreciated, thank you."

He picks up the glass and rolls the red liquid around inside it.
"Here's to the Next Best Thing," he says dryly before draining it down his throat and setting the container back on the bar with a *clack*.

Last edited:

wings

First Post
Pelly Hill Rum!

The inkpen was set in the book while he took up the Rum. Aerda grabbed at the bar for a second while a cringe twised his face, but otherwise took his liquor quite well. He paused to bask in the aftertaste before running his toungue over his teeth. "Haha! well, im impressed... what did you call it there, Pelly Hill rum? I'll remember that!"

He watched Astrule rip at the rabbit thigh, but bored of it quickly. He sighs and turns about in his stool, to watch the common room. His elbows lean against the bar and his drink cradled in his hands.

He was a pure blooded elf, that was for sure, but it was hard to put a finger on eactly which sub-race of elf he was from. Probably some mixing of two of them. Or maybe he was just unique, which is always a possibility with the elves. But he seems unnaturally accepting of the human folk, maybe because he hasn't lived any more than two human lifespans yet, and most of it has been spent in whatever town he grew up in. Or maybe he is just unique, which is always a possibilty with the elves.

He whistled the tunes that still lingered in his long ears.

dpdx

Explorer
"Bless you, good sir," Fendric replies softly to the barkeep as his plate and mug are set down before him.

Hoping the attention has by now died down, or refocused on the musicians, Fendric mumbles a quick thank you to Pelor for the bounty (and for not being thrown out of the bar), and after tucking away the silver sun medallion around his neck, attacks his meal with quiet vigor.

Glancing quickly around the bar between bites and sips, he notices that the patrons have quickly forgotten about his attempt at conversion and have gone back to their own drinks and meals. He notices a hawk tearing strips out of a rabbit thigh down the bar, next to it's owner, an elven man.

"What a magnificent animal. Good sir, might I share a little of what I have left with him, in case he's still hungry?"

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
A middle-aged, but still beuatiful women walks in the bar, having an aura of arrogance around her. She pretends not to be interested in any of the rabble sitting in the bar but makes sure she knows what is going on (Spot: 12, Listen 16). She walks towards the counter, to the place next to the red-eyed elf. A halfling is allready sitting there. She picks him up, sets him down and sits down on the now free place. She looks down at the now very angry halfling, and says.

Move along, no place for children or foolish humanoids.

She waves to the bartender

The finest glass of even wine this dump can afford.

And then to the elf next to her.

Greetings, I be Jalarzi Rednail, Sorceress Extra-Ordinaire, I am looking for some companions to pass the boredom of this city with.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
There have been many comings and goings, but as time passes the tavern seems to settle into a comfortable groove: Once the sun is fully set, patrons cease to come and leave for great spans at a time, finding spots and ways to mix their voices with the music, stubborn against its changes.

The barkeep continues his banter, somewhere between condescending, fatherly, and indifferent in his tone. He seems a little more sympathetic to Brother Fendric: Conversation shall show that his brother, now passed away, was himself a devotee of Pelor. The barkeep himself is not religious.

Mara, the serving-woman, seems to be busy, with little general interest in conversation...

Oliver the lutist keeps time with Niccolo for a while... When the gnome's attention diverts toward Merrim, he takes the time to tune his lute, and finally kick up his feet and fall asleep.

(Looks like we have a full roster! Excellent... Take the time to get acquainted with one another now -- roughly within the time period described above, the progress of about an hour -- and be ready for things to start moving a little more tomorrow. In the meantime, the DM's chair is open.)

National Acrobat

First Post
Merrim will excuse herself from Niccolo for a moment to head over to the Acolyte of Pelor. "Excuse me, sir, I couldn't help but overhear your, umm, entrance. Very well done I might add, was their something that you needed some folks to help you with? It almost sounded like a recruiting speech. At least back in the village I come from it would have been taken in that manner. I am," She puts out her hand, "Merrim Pomperol. Prestid, um Prestodig, um, Mage. Pleased to meet you."

wings

First Post
fat bird!

Sreda looks over at the good sir of pelor, and smiles, "It would be to much, can't have him getting fat and earthbound!" Astrule looks at him incredulously, and the red-eyed elf laughs. "Go right ahead, i'd appreciate it! Eat up Astrule!!"

The woman sits next to him, and Aerda raises a brow curiously, "I'm Aerda Darlmeth Akylaine. All around explorer and vagabond. A collector of spells and an artist all the same. This here is my good friend and comrade-in-arms Victus, but im sure he can introduce himself." . He smiles and drains the last bit of the rum. his usually lightly tanned skin blushed red from the alcohol.

He unbuckles and slides off his jacket, revealing a fine and light garment of a maroonish color, with a leather thong holding it closed. the collar is wide and rests on his collar bones.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Niccolo looked up from where his Daydream had taken him...the Gnomess smiled and waited expectantly. He musn't be rude.
Here...I will recite a Poem.Clearing his throat and sipping his tea, Niccolo recites as if someone else were speaking through him.

'Horned is the Hunter'
Alone he sits,
a Vanquished Lord upon an oaken Throne,
Presiding O'er this conflict,
that chills him to the bone,
for each tarnished blade that festers,
is a thorn thrust in his side,
and His pain alone bears witness,
to the folly of Mankind.
His name is Eternal,
His Poem Unknown,
the ruler Paternal,
he watches alone,
as great cities tumble and empires fall,
amidst this confusion the Hunter stands tall...'

Niccolo faltered, he looked dizy and confused. What was that?? He sat, stunned. That is like the Dream...but how? I know not that Poem, that verse. ..

Timothy

First Post
Greetings, Aerda Darlmeth Akylaine, pleased to have your acquintance. Also greetings to your baatle-mate Victus. You a collector of spells? Good, that pleases me very much. We could form a team, maybe we could fill in eachother blanks. As I said I am looking for some excitement , I expected to find it here, but I didn't find it here, just more of those stupid halflings.

Jallarzi pauses for a moment, to listen to the bard, who seems to speak on a completely different tone.
After she's done listening, she turns to the Aerda again.

Hmmm, Interesting, did you hear that?

Last edited:

Remove ads