Catwoman Movie (threads merged)

Kesh

First Post
Heretic Apostate said:
Wasn't one of the Catwomen from the 60s show (I think two or three actresses played Catwoman during the show) black? Urma Kitt, or something like that? Sexy voice, even now...

That would be Eartha Kitt. Mrrrowww.... :cool:

I don't have a problem with Catwoman being black. I do have a problem with the assinine pitch concept they've concocted for this film...

aliensex

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Down boy, down...damn the pictures in my mind...tight latex, Rebecca...grrrrrr :)

*pant* *pant* *pant* OK, I'm calm. Wheeeew, almost blew an O-ring there :(

Wasn't one of the Catwomen from the 60s show (I think two or three actresses played Catwoman during the show) black? Urma Kitt, or something like that? Sexy voice, even now...

Yes, the great Ertha Kitt. Still, my favourite will always be the beautiful and lanky Julie Newmar. I always liked the episodes where she would do high kicks ;)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, guess what folks? The "up against the cosmetics company" line isn't new. The animal rights activist Catwoman showed up in the Batman animated series. Unless you folks are really avid readers of the comics, are you absolutely sure you can say she wasn't similar in one of those continuities?

Villano

First Post
Kesh said:
I don't have a problem with Catwoman being black. I do have a problem with the assinine pitch concept they've concocted for this film...

Same here, although I've never thought of Berry as a good actress (then again, I haven't seen Monster's Ball), I have no problem with her race and the role.

As for the story, it seems there's more to it now than when I started a thread on it a few months ago (back then all we knew was Halley Berry and her character's name and the "avenging the death of her father" thing). Now, we have the whole cosmetic company angle.

Again, I wonder why Hollywood would buy the rights to something only to alter it beyond recognition. I'm reminded of those awful Captain America tv movies. Or, heck, any of the Superman scripts that were nearly made. You know, the ones where Luthor was a Kryptionian, Jimmy Olsen was gay, Luthor had a comedy relief dog that didn't like him, Brainiac's gay robot, etc., etc..

Actually, I'm reminded of a skit on MST3K. They were doing a low-budget Canadian film called Final Sacrifice. During the end credits, Crow stated that he felt it would have worked better as a tv series. Crow began to pitch his concept to Mike, acting as a tv producer, who would constantly jump in with arbitrary changes.

When Crow began to talk about the boy in the film (I can't remember his name), Mike says, "He's a girl now."

"What?", Crow asks.

"He's a girl now. In fact, they're all girls now. We'll have the dumb one and the loose one. Everyone's a damn girl."

"But, what about Rozdower?", Crow says, making mention of the big, fat, old drunk who was the "hero".

Mike shouts, "A big, hairy girl!"

I'm pretty sure that's how the Catwoman pitch went.

Reading the Catwoman plot description, I'm visualizing something akin to Batman & Robin. Sharon Stone will be dressed in furs and have a cigerrette holder (like Cruella DeVille). She's laugh manically and rave about her evil, mind-control make-up.

Speculation: The company will be testing it's cosmetics on animal and Berry will be exposed to some chemicals (maybe even evil make-up) and will be granted cat powers.

I can't imagine this being good.

Hoo boy, that don't look too good.

Halle Berry I've got no problem with, but when was the last time Sharon Stone was in anything good? Hope they got her on the cheap.

That plot is nutty. Why mess with success? They usually do stuff like this to appeal to some demographic. What tiny demographic would be attracted to this plotline? Radical animal rights people? Inbred rednecks? Dead people?

Ranger REG

Explorer
I thought that Halle Berry is to play the second-generation Catwoman, barring the daughter of Selina Kyle that was featured in Birds of Prey (comic and TV series).

The pitch concept sounds less appealing, so I'm hoping someone in the WB exec's office would find a better script, rather than doing the Elseworld version.

(Although I must admit, I'd like to see a short movie featuring Batman and Robin in either pseudo Feudal Japan or Medieval/Knightly setting.)

Klaus

First Post
The best Catwoman so far was done by Darwyn Cooke, in "Selina's Big Score". If they wanted to do a Catwoman movie, they should have gone that way (basically, it's Ocean's Eleven led by a woman).

Now I know why Ashley Judd jumped ship...

As for the Flash buzz, WB wanted to make a time-travelling show, where the hero goes back in time to set wrongs right. Then someone with a pea for a brain suggested they did a "Smallville" approach with the Flash. He's a young Gothamite (!!!!) who can run so fast, he can travel through time (!!!!), has a mentor that teaches him on the history of the Flashes and has the motto "run fast so others don't die young". And he never wears a costume.

Sounds like Birds of Prey didn't teach these guys a thing...

Ranger REG

Explorer
Is it by the same production group that not only did Birds of Prey (which is a pretty good show, just not good enough for the friggin' mainstream :mad: ) but Smallville (now in its third season)?

aliensex said:
Still, my favourite will always be the beautiful and lanky Julie Newmar. I always liked the episodes where she would do high kicks ;)
Yes! She also had the best dialog of any villain.

Julie's best Catwoman lines:

Catwoman: Felix! You can brush my pussywillows before you go. And don't go against the fur.

Catwoman: Marry me! As a former criminal, I'd be invaluable in your work.

Batman: A wife, no matter how beauteous or affectiontate, would severely impair my crime-fighting.

Catwoman: I can reform. Honestly, I can!

Batman: But....what about Robin?

Catwoman: Robin?!... I've got it. We'll kill him!

(the same basic joke was used on another episode:)

Batman: But, what about Robin?

Catwoman: We'll have him killed Painlessly, of course. Well, he is a bit of a bore, with his "holy this!" and "holy that!"

Catwoman: (torturing Batman to turn his brain to mush): Shortly following that, your brains will be turned into yeccccch. And then you can be mine forever, Batman. True, I'll have to destroy your great intellect. Oh well, one can't have one's cake and, uh (looks at Batman's crotch) eat it, too.

Batman: (on the phone; not sure of the exact line, but it's something like) Catwoman, I find you to be insufferable, odious, and insegrevious.

Catwoman: Batman, dealing with you has expanded my word power and increased my vocabulary...a whole lot!

Catwoman's apprentice Pussycat (played by Leslie Gore), has just performed a song for the henchmen, who are applauding.

Catwoman: Stop! Enough! Nobody gets more applause than Catwoman. (Catwoman stretches her arms in a dramatic flourish and trips)

Remove ads