Caves of Chaos (1st group - PF) - Recruitment(closed sorry)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Only need one post in the opening IC/RG thread.

And I liked Dorian so of course you can work him back into the mix.

and Welcome :D

HM

rangerjohn

Explorer
Sorry guys, thought I was subscribed to the thread. Obviously, I was mistaken. So looks like cleric, probably human. Scratch that WD is going cleric, ok elven magus.

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Posted Kara Starsplice in the RG (needs a little editing, will get to it). We talked about having some kind of shared background to explain what the characters are doing together, but I neglected to read WD's background until after I finished.

Kara's background features a college of wizardry, and Dorian's has a community of druids. Maybe we could just assert that some of the scholars in each group know each other? Both groups had some disturbing auguries about the Caves of Chaos, and when the compared notes, they decided to organize an expedition to investigate. Volunteers were solicited.

Easy enough to throw in other organizations. The local lord offers up a man-at-arms, a temple has had similarly bad news and wants in, the local thieves guild or pirate crew has heard about the expedition and thought there might be loot involved. Sound like a way to tie the group together?

Rhydius

First Post
hrm.. I just re-read what I'd put down as backstory for Cid. It got a little dark there, I'm probably going to redo a big chunk of that. I also got a little carried away, and completely forgot to tie it in to any sort of group related, anything.
I'll try to fix it up a little this weekend.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Should be in bed but character checking is so much fun... :erm:

Quentin:

Spell Failure is really n/a until you gain an arcane spell casting class.
Earth Breaker(melee): +5 = +1 (BAB) + 4 (STR)/ DMG = 2d6+6(B), CRIT 20x3
and plz add
Earth Breaker(melee/pa): +4 = +1 (BAB) + 4 (STR) - 1 (feat)/ DMG = 2d6+7(B), CRIT 20x3
Dagger(ranged): +2 = +1 (BAB) + 1 (DEX)/ DMG = 1d4+4(P), CRIT 19-20x2, Range: 10 ft.
copy paste them if you wish
Two traits needed you can find a larger list than the APG here
Skills and equipment left to do but still need money, I'm working on that next.

Dorain:

You have Hero Points one and if everyone wants to we will use them for this. So keep that there for now.
Might need to change your deity to Gozreh - just using the PF deities to make it easy. That reminds me where is that post with the Greyhawk deities changed over to PF (could be handy).
Armor bonus for scalemail is +5
Acrobatics should be -3
Fly should be -3
What animal companion are you looking to get at LvL 4 - I would like to RP it if possible.

Starsplicer:

Wisdom modifier should be +0
Fort save should be +5 (con is +2)
You have a +1 racial bonus added to all your range weapons?? Do you mean your size bonus for being small? That is also added to your melee attacks
daggers dmg type is p when thrown
Fly should be +2
Perception should be +0
Carry capacities are off...
Code:
                     Lgt   Med    Hvy  Lift   Push
Max Weight:         19.5  39.75   60  60/120   600
Great background... I might just have to add somethings to the game that may relate to Kara's strange origin.

Cididien:

A Greyhawk god as well. You might want to look into Cayden Cailean as a deity to thank when things go your characters way.
Spell Failure is really n/a until you gain an arcane spell casting class.
Threatening Defender is a fan created trait and I think it needs an extra line. Please add to it; minimum of -1 to your melee attack roll, as I don't like how it doesn't give the character a penalty at all until they reaches BAB +4.
Disguise should be +2
Intimidate should be +2
Profession gambler has no ranks and should be na (although says you are a gambler in background)
Backpack should weigh 2 lbs
Waterskins cost 1 gp
Outfit you are wearing doesn't count towards your total weight
Have money spent at 111.11 (odd :confused: )
Have total weight at 41 lbs.
Another good background (I like I can make up a one handed very angry NPC for later - Thanks)

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
rangerjohn no email but since you told me your class I can do gold

email is ewholyman @ gmail .com

Gold for the group - 2,280gp (really your max gold doubled)

Please by your starting gear and any group items from the pot above.

Ideas from me...

Masterwork thieve's tools 100gp
Masterwork weapon for the paladin
Masterwork arrows and bolts
Alchemical silver a few weapons
Wand of cure light (50 charges: 750gp) (25 charges: 375gp)
Everburning torch 110gp or Ioun Torch 75gp
Scrolls and potions with the leftover

HM

Remove ads