• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

I just noticed that J.R. doesn't have Combat Martial Arts. He's got it on the character sheet I downloaded previously, but it doesn't appear on his sheet in the RG. Rubberneck, you must have updated your character sheet in the RG and then I neglected to download the update. I have now done so.

Because J.R. rolled a 13 on this AoO attack roll and missed Buzz Cut, however, the lack of the Combat Martial Arts feat doesn't matter substantively. Still, I like to be as correct as I can be, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

I know it's a bit of a tough situation in the IC right now, especially since J.R. was just shot (wow--flashbacks to 1980s Dallas episodes!), but good things are coming ya'll's way. Hang tight, ever-body. :)

[MENTION=12430]gribble[/MENTION], you're right about Charge. I will amend in damage this evening. Earlier if I can, but my day looks pretty slammed at work so it'll probably be tonight. Thanks!

Forged Fury

First Post
I don't think there are inherent knockdown rules for weapons in D20 Modern, unlike Shadowrun for instance. I think you have to use the Trip special attack to really get people on the ground.

Guns are just dangerous, especially at low levels. I will say, after seeing it in action, I really don't like the AoO with a gun as a melee weapon deal. I like the older Bullet Points ruling where the last use of the firearm was considered the state of the weapon. Seems a little too versatile to me.

Agreed re: the pistol whip AoO. Being able to use the gun as a either melee or a ranged weapon regardless of the gun's last use is a little bit too much like "have your cake and eat it too." Playing Devil's Advocate, I supposed daggers and--really--any other thrown weapon could be considered the same, but then again a dagger doesn't deal 2d6 damage.

I think I'd rather go with the "last use" of the firearm rule. If there are no objections, I'd like to institute a house rule that applies to both NPCs and PCs requiring the AoO with the firearm to follow the form of the manner in which the firearm was last used. Generally, this will tend to mean no AoO with a gun.

Forged Fury

First Post
I'm good with it. I'm not even really sure it's a house rule. There were conflicting Bullet Points from, I believe, two different people. So who knows?

Remove ads