CB's Shackled City OOC [Closed]

WackyOne

First Post
As it looks like you have found someone else, I'll "drop out". I'm not that good with rogues - I find them too... stressful, you know? (but maybe it's just my group...)
So, have fun, and good game. Maybe next time around we'll play togheter ;)

Li Shenron

Legend
Hello CanadienneBacon.

I've played several PbP games here on ENWorld before, but I haven't played since like a year ago. I would like to start playing again, and I'm exactly looking for a relaxing low-key game, not much because I won't post often, but rather because I would prefer not to have to worry too much about character optimization. Combat is fine, and I definitely try to do useful effective things when fighting :D but I typically want to design a character that makes sense as a whole rather than min-maxing. Just to clear it up before I even apply to your game :cool:

I have a Human Rogue character which I played on another adventure here on ENWorld, the adventure lasted only about half a year and then died out (actually, it was the second longest-lasting PbP for me, I'm not lucky in picking up PbP games). I would like to be able to pick up some of my previous characters and re-use them in a new adventure, but usually this idea is not accepted easily by the DMs, who prefer brand new characters.

Let me know if you think this is acceptable... You can read the character description here:

http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=1979416&postcount=60

and the previous adventure she was playing in:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=114211&page=1&pp=40

The character was 1st level, but upgrading it ro 6th is easy. It used only 3.5 core material. It was actually designed with 25pt buy, but I guess she wouldn't mind having to get a bit of a boost :p

OTOH you may well have a problem with her background and with the fact that it may assume certain things that don't belong to your setting at all. In that case let's consider how much it would need changing: tweaking things is not a problem, but rewriting her story completely is not worth (better write up an entirely new character in that case). If the fact that the previous adventure was set in Planescape is a big issue, we can even go as far as assuming that it never happened.

Let me know what you think.

Li Shenron

Legend
Oh and by the way, I like the idea of a party that prefers not to kill, and tries to fight in a non-lethal way. It's something I often try to do (I think it fits with my habit of playing CG characters most often) but without agreement from the rest of the PCs it's usually hard to achieve ;)

EvolutionKB

First Post
My general character concept is a LG halfling rogue4/ranger2. He works for your campaign worlds equivalent of a god of justice. He is a sort of bounty hunter(FE: human), but hunts down criminals and those that need to be found. On another note, I know how deadly this AP can be(having played in it until level 5), so I will optimize my character. I want to make sure that your PCs stay alive so they continue to progress in your labor of love :D

For the last three days we've been having severe winds here in the islands. The power's been out for part of some of the days. Trees are down in my neck of the woods. I was without power for about six hours during one spell yesterday, had power restored for 90 minutes last night, then promptly lost it again while I was trying to throw up a post here on EN World. The day before that, we were without power for a two hour spell and I lost a post when it went out. The weather forecaster has suggested that the wind may continue through Thursday, possibly later into the weekend.

I promise I haven't abandoned any of my games, but I'm starting to view my computer with an evil eye because a couple of times the power's cut out and I've lost the post I was compiling.

EvolutionKB said:
My general character concept is a LG halfling rogue4/ranger2. He works for your campaign worlds equivalent of a god of justice. He is a sort of bounty hunter(FE: human), but hunts down criminals and those that need to be found.

Could you let me know how you'd want to play the LG alignment? The group as it exists is mostly NG to CG in feel. This wouldn't mesh well with a paladin-type LG. Now, that said, I do understand that not all LG has to be paladin-like in feel. Thanks for anything you can say that'll help me get a clearer view of how you'd want to play the PC.

Li Shenron, being totally honest here, something about your situation pulls at me. I read through the character's background and don't have a problem with anything in there, but one thing is a sticking point for me. The skill points are spread out across a spectrum. I need someone who will max out Search, Open Lock, and Disable Device. I understand, from reading the character background, that the PC is intended to be a jack-of-all-trades sort, but the group already has one of those in the form of the multiclassed barbarian/sorcerer/rogue. How would you feel about re-ordering your PC's skill points to max out Search, Disable Device, and Open Lock? Would you want to keep things as is for first level and then max out those three for levels 2 through 6? Would you want to keep speading out skill points between the spectrum, in keeping with the jack-of-all-trades concept?

EvolutionKB

First Post
My initial alignment thought was CG actually, until you mentioned one of players likes to take prisoners. Like I said, he'd be a bounty hunter, hunting those that broke the law and then run away. Lawful because he hunts down those that break the law, and good because he doesn't really want to kill anybody that he doesn't have to. Definately not paladinish at all. I wan't sure if all the characters try to subdue opponents as well, if they did a conflict might occur and it would probably go something like this.

Characters subduing attackers: "What are you doing! Don't kill them, we must hand them over to the proper authorities, just knock them out."

My character: "Listen big guy, I've dealt with your kind a lot, and you guys are plenty stronger than me. If people are trying to kill me(whether they are my quarry or not), I'm not going to pull my punches, if that means it's easier to get them to go down. I'll do my best not to kill anybody, people are worth more alive than dead most of the times anyways, justice must be served. Sometimes for the people that I hunt, death is the easy way out."

By the way, just curious, are you guys native hawaiians?

Remove ads