• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Shackled City OOC [Closed]

Warren Okuma said:
So why no druid? Just asking.
Because the party expressed, as was posted above, the need for better rogue skills over and above fighting skills.

BTW if you are or your husband is interested in gaming with my group in Hawaii in real life on Sumdays email me at [snip]. We game in Kaneohe area.
Thanks, but no thank you. We're active in our church and devote Sundays to church activities. :)

Max at 1st, then roll after. Plus Con modifier, of course.

You can either roll them yourself, use invisible castle, or ask me to roll them for you. Your choice.

Mellubb

First Post
hello all,
I am back in the islands for 2 weeks on R&R (BTW Li Shannon I am the one stuck in the desert) I am willing to devote as much time as possible while on deployment. I will be able to post daily most of the time. However, there will be times where I won't be able to be on for a few days, a week at the very longest. I will do my very best to maximize fun for everyone. Also LI I have no problems killing bad guys until they try to surrender then I try to keep them alive monsters however are fair game as far as I am concerned. Along with people wearing a Red Sash, you'll understand if the adventure stays on the current course.

Thank you Bacon for doing this, I wasn't aware it was adone deal already else I would have posted sooner.

Thanks for chiming in with a hello. Welcome home. Can't wait to show off the new baby to you. Will try to let your own family enjoy you for a few days before we come over to impose. :)

Regarding posting, no worries. Here, not here, on-again, off-again, it's all good. The game is just a little something to while away the time. I probably won't be posting every day most of the time unless everyone else is and seems eager.

Welcome aboard Li Shenron,
I am the worthless jack of all trades who needs to be replaced by a "real rogue". I am also the main impetus behind the not killing anything that we do not absolutely have too. I will post my character history later and it will explain where it all came from, but I use a Heavy Flail and disarm anyone I possibly can. I also intimidate them into surrendering and will not allow the killing of a surrendered oponent nor the turning over of creatures to authorities without a very good reason to believe they need to be turned over and that the authorities are not corrupt. I have recently acquired a merciful weapon so I can more easily knock people out instead of killing them.

Well enough for now. Hope you enjoy the game.

CanadienneBacon said:
Because the party expressed, as was posted above, the need for better rogue skills over and above fighting skills.

I do not remember the conversation where we talked about what we needed so I am not sure exactly who "the party" consists of but whatever.

Mellubb

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:
Thanks for chiming in with a hello. Welcome home. Can't wait to show off the new baby to you. Will try to let your own family enjoy you for a few days before we come over to impose. :) .

Feel free any time you are always welcome.

CanadienneBacon said:
Regarding posting, no worries. Here, not here, on-again, off-again, it's all good. The game is just a little something to while away the time. I probably won't be posting every day most of the time unless everyone else is and seems eager.

I plan to post daily I hope most do as well. Aaron is one of my favorite charaters ever and I have a complete void of D&D in Iraq, due to constant schedule shifts. I don't to be pushy but I hope every one is as "eager" As I am.

Also a recap of recent events would be great as soon as you can do it. I think we were about to go to a funeral in Balarron's(sp) old village then go kill a dragon if I am not mistaken. Perhaps we were still deciding.

After the umberhulk attack, the party accepted a supper invitation to the Cusp of Sunrise, an elite private club on the upper echelon of Cauldron. At the Cusp, an ancient dwarf named Davked Splintershield tried to hire the party to go into the Underdark north of town to find his lost son, Zenith Splintershield. Davked was obviously so old his skin was turning to dust, lending some urgency to his request because he wanted to make peace with his lost son before dying. A large fee was offered if the party would undertake this mission. The party expressed interest but also said they had another matter to attend to, then they went back down into the Kopru Ruins to finish clearing out any rooms they might have missed in their first pass.

After finishing up in the Ruins, the party went back to Keygan's Lock Shop (their home base since Keygan has gone missing) and from there set about investigating how they might use stoneshape to tunnel their way down into the obsidian fortress beneath the lost city of Jzadirune (all of which is under Cauldron proper and accessible via the Lock Shop). Agar Splintershield, merchant within the Cauldron and a friendly NPC, was helpful in pointing out the faultline in the stone and warning of a potential cave in in the area where the PCs were tunneling. Agar expressed shock to hear that Davked Splintershield had been seen alive in Cauldron, for the last Agar knew, Davked died 15 years ago.

While the party cleric was stoneshaping and tunneling down into the obsidian fortress, Yuathyb, the dark skinned sneak in Jzadirune, was hunted down and queried for information. When asked, Yuathyb said he learned the little common he knows from a "black skinned dwarf who left via the Howling Stair" before the Jzadirune cave in. Yuathyb shows the party the leg of one of the dead Stormblade adventurers responsible for causing the cave in and the Howling Stair. During this time, Michael spider climbed down the elevator shaft leading from Jzadirune to the obsidian fortress. 200 feet down at the bottom of the shaft, Michael made out the broken wood planks of the shattered elevator, only a little stone rubble, and the hidden door at the bottom. From Michael's report, it definitely seems as if the obsidian fortress is still accessible. Also during this time, Gurnezarn the blacksmith brings a letter to the Lock Shop saying that Bolarron's relative has died in the Nordlands and that there will be a funeral once the frost clears.

I have a note that it will have taken 34 days to stoneshape the elevator shaft free, which as far as I can recall was what the party had done. You all figured the best way to get into the Underdark to go after Zenith was to go in through the obsidian fortress and since you wanted to make the fortress your new home base, you were killing two birds with one stone by having Nyla stone shape a new entrance (the original entrance was demolished during the cave in). The elevator shaft was 30 feet in diameter and 200 feet deep. Nyla could tunnel 576 feet of stone per day.

As it now stands, the party will need to decide whether to go to the funeral up north or to pursue Zenith into the Underdark. I am prepared for either of these or any other course of action the party may wish to take. Michael will probably part ways to set up that Gruesome Carnival he'd been collecting. :)

Warren Okuma

First Post
CanadienneBacon said:

Ah. Interesting.

CanadienneBacon said:
Thanks, but no thank you. We're active in our church and devote Sundays to church activities. :)

Cool. Keep the faith.

Remove ads