D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Guran calls to those inside the room, "What are all of you doing in that same room at the same time? If fixing the problem of the coating creates a blast or a burst, it could catch all of you at once! Couldn't we break this job into two parts, namely The Coating and The Keyhole? What I mean by that is, deal with the coating at a distance, through the doorway from this other room; then, when it's safer, go back into the chest room to deal with the keyhole later. Wouldn't that work?"

Persuasion: [roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Fulgrim was suggesting we burn the webs first, which would involve everyone getting out of the room and applying a torch or firebolt spell to the mass of webs.

"Like I said fellows, let's take care of these webs first, shall we?" Fulgrim motioned for everyone to exit the room.

OOC: I don't want to impede the progression of ya'll's dialog. Just popping in here to note that I'm watching for agreement, and as soon as I think we have everyone on the same page in terms of what you guys want to do, I'll forward the thread. Right now, it looks like you want to a) burn off the webs on the ceiling; and then b) take care of the clear substance on either the lid or the keyhole.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Father Spec supports clearing the cobwebs first. He can use sacred flame for that, unless someone else wants to use, like, real fire. In which case, he'll happily step outside to allow that to happen.

"Oh! Let's clear those webs away, what? Then we'll see if theres a means to get in that chest."

Forged Fury

First Post
"Quite! I hear human saliva is an excellent solvent. Perhaps you could lick it." Fulgrim said irritably, catching on to the warrior's needling. Once the remainder of the group is clear of the room, the mage offers to use his fireblot cantrip to ignite the webs.

OOC: Forged Fury may or may not have power after his neck of the woods suffered a severe weather event earlier this week, so I shall take the liberty of posting for him until his return.

Once everyone exited the hidden room, Fulgrim partially closed the sliding recessed door. When he had the door to his liking, he stood behind it, using the door as a shield, and with a deft hand gesture and a word of power, hurled a mote of fire at the webs coating the ceiling in the secret room. As dry as they were, the webs caught fire in an instant. A spider husk in the corner started to burn and fell to the floor, the creature's legs curling in on themselves as flames consumed the carcass. Even in death, the spider was sizeable...easily the size of a badger. Smoke filled the little room and filtered through the open doorway, which Fulgrim and the others noted. Was there a draft from somewhere that drew the smoke? After a minute or two, the fire ran its course inside the secret room, and Fulgrim motioned for the others to rejoin him.

"Right. So that's the webs, then." Fulgrim grunted, casting a spare glance at the burnt spider now lying on the stone floor in the corner of the room. He steered well away from the dead thing, quelching his usual desire to salvage parts from the creature. A spider was a spider, after all. "What of the lock?"

Remove ads