CE vs. N (FFA): Very Young Howling Dragon vs. Thunder Worm

PJSlavner

Explorer
General Rumbull patiently waits.

Round 962

General Rumbull is not affected (Will save 32). General Rumbull touches Whiner for 31 electrical damage. Whiner has 27 HP, and can breathe again next round.

Gansk

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
Can the general force a draw? So, the best bet is to get a general that can burrow and just force draws on every single opponent until you get to their general?

How about 15 consecutive rounds of no damage boots the general? That way he would have to get unlucky enough to fight three consecutive burrowers, but if he was the one doing the burrowing, he wouldn't want to play it too cute and risk getting burned by a burrower after 10 rounds.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Whiner does another maximum heightened maddening wails and then flies back into the damning darkness to wait again. He probably won't survive the AoO, though.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Gansk said:
How about 15 consecutive rounds of no damage boots the general? That way he would have to get unlucky enough to fight three consecutive burrowers, but if he was the one doing the burrowing, he wouldn't want to play it too cute and risk getting burned by a burrower after 10 rounds.
That sounds reasonable. I'd be okay with a general ruling that the general cannot be the one to force the draw, but not be forced into a damaging situation either. As an example, the General would not be penalized for not wanting to go into the damning darkness and so could wait for the opponent to emerge. If, however, an opponent was not in the DD, the General could not just wait at 110ft for draw after draw until fliers come out.

Gansk

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
That sounds reasonable. I'd be okay with a general ruling that the general cannot be the one to force the draw, but not be forced into a damaging situation either. As an example, the General would not be penalized for not wanting to go into the damning darkness and so could wait for the opponent to emerge. If, however, an opponent was not in the DD, the General could not just wait at 110ft for draw after draw until fliers come out.

OK, then it is just easier to say that the general doesn't know that he has an exception to the draw rule, and has to conduct his tactics appropriate to his knowledge. I guess he was kept in a sound-proof box before Psybo announced his arrival.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Well, a general can pursue a draw if he cannot hurt his opponent either. e.g. if his opponent were immune to both sonic and electricity, Rumbull could just evade him.

Gansk

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
Well, a general can pursue a draw if he cannot hurt his opponent either. e.g. if his opponent were immune to both sonic and electricity, Rumbull could just evade him.

Right, and that would be appropriate because the general is interested in self-preservation. Then he would get a pleasant surprise when he doesn't disappear from the arena and his opponent does.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
So the generals are kept in the dark about this? it seems unlikely.
esp after more generals come into play. The 15 round draw could work, but I can see opponents trying to beat a general by using that limit. Perhaps this limit is kept secret from the armies?
I can see a general being honor bound to fight each and every opponent. Knowing that if he fails for 15 rounds, he/she/it will be lost. Not sure how to word the rules for it...

Gansk

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
So the generals are kept in the dark about this? it seems unlikely.
esp after more generals come into play. The 15 round draw could work, but I can see opponents trying to beat a general by using that limit. Perhaps this limit is kept secret from the armies?
I can see a general being honor bound to fight each and every opponent. Knowing that if he fails for 15 rounds, he/she/it will be lost. Not sure how to word the rules for it...

How about for every 5 rounds that he doesn't damage an opponent, he gets a "mark of dishonor". He can clear a "mark" with a subsequent victory. Three "marks" and he loses.

Remove ads