Centaur feats

Numion

First Post
But if a knight rode on a centaur, both the mount and the knight wielding lances, would they both get attacks with spirited charge and ride-by-attacks? Could the centaur, as a large creature, wield two lances as light weapons? Could theknight do the same, except as non-light weapons?

Ooh... the possibilities here.. ;)

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
Numion said:

Ooh... the possibilities here.. ;)

Dual lance wielding knight on top of a dual lance wielding centaur? Um...sorry to break it too you, but...
...CHEESEBALL!

;)

If a centaur lets a knight ride him, that centaur should start suffering serious Charisma penalties as his confidence fails, then Wisdom penalties as he starts to lose faith in himself. Seriously, no centaur will let someone ride them. Would your fighter let a halfling sorcerer ride on his shoulders and cast spells? I don't think so.

Ranger REG

Explorer
ConcreteBuddha said:

At ECL 6 (Level 1 Fighter, +5 Centaur), he would only need two feats: Power Attack and Power Lunge. The rest would come gradually with fighter levels.
With an ECL of 6, it would take a long time to reach 2nd level fighter class, unless the other party members have an average ECL of 6.

Last edited:

silvertable81

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
If a centaur lets a knight ride him, that centaur should start suffering serious Charisma penalties as his confidence fails, then Wisdom penalties as he starts to lose faith in himself. Seriously, no centaur will let someone ride them. Would your fighter let a halfling sorcerer ride on his shoulders and cast spells? I don't think so.
Actually I was thinking of Paladin levels, 5 of them. But since the Mount is not quite feasible, we were thinking maybe a "Jockey"
Another question that pops up, now that I'm in the creation phase, does an ECL +_ creature gain a character feat at the first level of a Class? or do his class levels add to his EHD?

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
Ranger REG said:

With an ECL of 6, it would take a long time to reach 2nd level fighter class, unless the other party members have an average ECL of 6.

And I'm not saying that a centaur with these feats would be more powerful than a level one party. That's obvious.

I'm saying that an ECL 6 centaur with an ECl 6 party of normal characters would be way overpowered compared to the rest of the group. A 6th level human fighter pales in comparison next to a 1st level centaur fighter, due to the centaur's possible prowess with the lance.

A 6th level centaur fighter does insane damage compared to an 11th level human fighter. In every case, looking at pure damage potential, a centaur with a large lance (and especially Spirited Charge) is far superior to a human fighter with equivalent XP.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
ConcreteBuddha said:

I'd concur too, except for the fact that it seems a tad powerful. A Centaur (ECL +5) level 1 Fighter with +8 Str, Spirited Charge, Power Attack, Rhino Hide, a Large Heavy Lance (15ft. reach) and Power Lunge (SoF) deals an obscene amount of damage on a charge. At later levels, give him Horseshoes of Speed, a Belt of Giant Strength, Improved Critical, Power Critical, you name it...biggo damage.

I always found it stupid that centaurs get +8 to strength. I think they need two strength scores - one for the top half, and one for the bottom half. No way is their human half going to be any stronger than a normal human.

Remove ads