Ceramic DM feedback thread[JUDGES, OUT!]

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Thanks, Rodrigo. I first tried to write it from the emotionally abusive husband's point of view, and it didn't work for me. Once I decided to go the route of "wife descending into madness," the story fell right in place. I'm not tremendously thrilled with the photo usage for the bronze statue, but what the hell... I like the feather-boa-as-millipede enough to balance the two out.

Let's hear it for indents and formatting; flashbacks in a short story are a pain in the ass to do. I'm glad you thought the "italicized interspersed thoughts" technique wasn't distracting.

Even if I don't win this round, I'm glad I wrote the story. It was a useful stretch for me. I'm hoping it has the right ring of psychological creepiness to turn the trick, but that's by no means a sure thing. Steel Draco has a strong contender in his own right, and no telling which the judges will prefer.

Speaking of which, S_D? Nice job, man. I like.

Last edited:

orchid blossom

Explorer
carpedavid said:
Heh. Just keep writing good stories, and I'll keep reading them :)

I was disappointed not to see you in here, but then I noticed you're in charge of Iron DM. That's plenty to have on your plate without Ceramic as well. Hopefully we'll see you in the winter.

carpedavid

First Post
orchid blossom said:
I was disappointed not to see you in here, but then I noticed you're in charge of Iron DM. That's plenty to have on your plate without Ceramic as well. Hopefully we'll see you in the winter.
Yeah, it was difficult enough to try and compete in both at the same time. Trying to judge one and compete in the other would be too much for my already strained mental stability to handle :)

I am hoping to participate in Ceramic DM in the winter. I need another opportunity to exercise that part of my brain.

orchid blossom

Explorer
carpedavid said:
I am hoping to participate in Ceramic DM in the winter. I need another opportunity to exercise that part of my brain.

Brain exercise it certainly is. I'm still hoping to someday learn how to find a plot!

Sparky

orchid blossom said:
Brain exercise it certainly is. I'm still hoping to someday learn how to find a plot!

You and me both.

Next time I just hope to remember to actually write the plot I've devised. This one got away from me.

SteelDraco

First Post
Agreed on that one. My story ended up changing considerably, even over the course of three days. My initial draft was about a gluttonous ghost attacking people with cutlery. Ended up dropping that idea entirely, in the interests of space and character development.

I'm looking forward to tonight's judgement. PCat's story was excellent, so I don't expect to progress. I just had a good time writing something again. It's been too long.

Remove ads