• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CG vs. CN: Chaotic Good Is Victorious!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Crabby continues attacking, but . . .
[sblock] Is Vorel back to invisible? Are you rolling miss chances? I don't recall that Crabby has blindsight or anything. [/sblock]

GP
[sblock] Suppresses his SR again (isn't that annoying that he has to do that? The more and more I like the houserule that you don't have to suppress SR vs. harmless spells.) The charger grants him shield of faith for a +3 deflection bonus. Reminder: these effect disappear when the charger is gone, and the charger lasts for only 13 rounds from when summoned. [/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner:[sblock]I rolled a 1 on the Spellcraft check and I added 10 to the DC because Vorel cannot hear the verbal components.[/sblock]

I2K[sblock]Invisibility Purge automatically dispels, it does not suppress like Globe of Invulnerability.[/sblock]

Infiniti2000

First Post
Gansk/PJS: [sblock] Whoa, that's an interpretation I don't agree with. IMO, the key word is "while" and therefore doesn't dispel the invisibility. I suppose I can see your point, since it says "negate" but the while keyword I would think means it's temporary.

And, note I'm arguing against CN. :) [/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Oops, Vorel became invisible again once Prometheus disappeared. Crabby missed once due to the invisibility, so Vorel has 472 hp. Vorel's crit was confirmed, so Crabby has 296 hp.

Crabby hits with a claw.

Vorel:[sblock]You take 21 and have 451 hp left. You see the unicorn cast shield of faith on Prometheus.[/sblock]

Vorel starts round 28.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
[sblock] Vorel can still see him thanks to true seeing - Is there any part of the etheralness spell that I can hit from this side? I can see that targeting might be out, any chance of an area dispel effecting him? Apparently some abjurations can cross the boundry, so there is some possibilty. I took two semesters of Planner Theory in grad school, it has to be good for something :) [/sblock]

Gansk

Explorer
Vorel:[sblock]You're right, abjurations work in the ethereal, so you can target him.[/sblock]

GP becomes visible at 65N80E. Vorel stays invisible.

GP:[sblock]You lose all of your spells except levitate.[/sblock]

GP's turn. Crabby heals to 301 hp.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Is dispel magic an "abjuration spell that affects ethereal beings"? Even if so, keep in mind that GP is also incorporeal with respect to effects on the material, so the 50% miss chance (for the entire dispel) should still be applicable.

Gansk

Explorer
If dispel magic is an abjuration, then it affects ethereal beings.

I don't think etherealness grants incorporeal status to an abjuration spell. Ethereal creatures have their own properties that are defined separately from incorporeal creatures.

From Libris Mortis, page 143 - "A incorporeal creature exists fully on the Material Plane."
"An ethereal creature is insubstantial." (Insubstantial has no game definition in 3e)
"An ethereal creature need not abide by the incorporeal creature's limitation of remaining adjacent to an object's exterior."
"A ghost on the Ethereal plane is not incorporeal."

Remove ads