• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CG vs. N: Chaotic Good Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
The rilmani stayed in the arena (rolled 32 Fort save) and took 2 points of damage from the scouring wind.

Round 663: Iksa is safe underground. The crab takes 1 point of damage from the wind. The crab has 182 HP remaining. F3 cures himself up to 61 HP.

Round 664: Iksa is safe underground. The crab takes 2 points of damage from the wind. The crab has 180 HP remaining. Iksa cures herself up to 161 HP.

Round 665: Iksa is safe underground. The crab takes 1 point of damage from the wind. The crab has 179 HP remaining.

Iksa emerges at 85N30E. Iksa decides she does want to target F3 with her spell (rolled 32 Will save). F3 is still there, but is no longer blurry.

F3 flies over to 95N50E40Z and screams, "Approach!" Iksa ignores the order (22 CL check, 25 Will save).

The crab scuttles over Iksa to 85N10E, trying to trample her. She can either take an AoO or attempt a Reflex save to take half damage. It is her turn after that.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Iksa does not get out of the way (rolled 28 Ref save), taking 19-5=14 points of damage.

Round 666

Iksa stays on her feet (33 Fort save), taking 1 point of damage from the wind. The crab takes 1 point of damage, as well.

Iksa cannot penetrate the crab's shell with any of her attacks (best roll 32).

F3 screams, "Halt!", but Iksa ignores him (25 CL check; 27 Will save).

The crab snaps Iksa with all four claws, one in the spleen, for 84-20=64 points of damage.

Round 667

Iksa stays on her feet (21 Fort save), taking 3 points of damage from the wind. The crab takes 1 point of damage. The crab has 177 HP remaining. Iksa has 79 HP remaining.

Infiniti2000

First Post
"Uh, yay, wind?"

OOC: Btw, you cannot hear anything at all in hurricane force winds: "Listen checks are impossible: All characters can hear is the roaring of the wind." Any spell (like command) that is language-dependent: "If the target cannot understand or cannot hear what the caster of a language-dependant spell says the spell fails."

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm sure the @$!* rilmani would know and probably would take another action (if he has one -- perhaps merely buffing).

PJSlavner

Explorer
"What was that? I cannot hear you in this wind."

I was going to say that Iksa used up her level 3 spells, until I noticed Draconomicon messed up with spells per day. It did not include bonus spells due to high Charisma, so Iksa can cast the spell. I take it she is casting defensively, because she has automatic success doing that.

Round 667

F3 is still there, but is now a rilmani. He is not blown away (28 Fort save), and floats gently down to 95N50E. He takes 1 point of damage from the wind. He turns back into a four-winged bird and flies back up to 95N50E40Z, healing back to 61 HP. Any spells he might have cast instead of command would have been dispelled anyway.

The crab stays at 85N10E.

Round 668

Iksa is safe underground. The crab takes 3 point of damage from the wind. The crab has 174 HP remaining. It is Iksa's move.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Iksa can only hold her breath for 38 rounds before she needs to make Constitution checks to avoid suffocation.

F3 has cast every buff on himself that he could. He waits at 60N60E40Z.

Round 677

The crab, after taking another 24 points of scouring damage, gives up on waiting and leaves the arena.

A huge automaton enters, eventually moving to 55N55E. It looks like a six-legged stone cat, with four huge, hammerlike arms jutting from its front two pairs of shoulders.

Round 705

The behemoth has taken 52 points of scouring damage. It has 147 HP remaining.

The crowds are booing (except for Chaotic Good), although no one in the arena can hear them over the howling wind.

Iksa will have to start making saving throws or suffocate, or come to the surface. She has no idea what is topside waiting for her, or where it is.

Remove ads