CG's Dragon of Icespire Peak [OOC][FULL]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey @gargoyleking!

It would be great if Sythaeryn healed Ulrik a bit. Note that every point of healing is worth 2 on Ulrik because of rage. Also, next round, I'll try to have him shove the manticore prone, so that means advantage on mellee attacks for all.
Anyways, without healing, Ulrik will fall and the grapple gambit will have been a waste.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

I'm not saying don't do it. But some of us are strictly ranged so prone is a double edged sword. (Not that Bella can hit the broadside of a barn apparently.)

Also, Bella plans to send some small healing Ulrik's way should he actually drop, she has some very limited healing and it is not enough to stop Ulrik from being knocked out. But it is enough to wake him back up again.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I'm not saying don't do it. But some of us are strictly ranged so prone is a double edged sword. (Not that Bella can hit the broadside of a barn apparently.)

Also, Bella plans to send some small healing Ulrik's way should he actually drop, she has some very limited healing and it is not enough to stop Ulrik from being knocked out. But it is enough to wake him back up again.

Sacred flame won't be affected by the manticore being prone. If we get there, the disadvantage to all its attacks is going to be sweet for the melee folks (especially our rogue).

I wanted to test this strategy, but I think it is too risky at this level. Ulrik is a potent melee damage dealer, and taking 2 or more rounds to grapple + knock prone has a huge opportunity cost.
The way I see it, if Ulrik falls, the manticore will likely flee, as it is taking a beating, hence the plea for healing (a bonus action healing word would definitely hit the spot, and likely just in time: 1d4+3 healing means Ulrik will withstand 8-14 hp in additional damage).
It's in @gargoileking 's hands now ;-)
Cheers,

SG

PS: does anybody know how to do a mention now? with the new enworld software, it's the only thing I haven't figured out. Thx!

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
PS: does anybody know how to do a mention now? with the new enworld software, it's the only thing I haven't figured out. Thx!
[/QUOTE]

It's the same, you just have an 'i' in there by accident. @gargoyleking

Mention no longer sends an alert to whomever you mention. It just puts a link to their profile page.

And Bella doesn't have healing word, She has 2d6 once per long rest. Or 1d6 twice. 1-6 hp is not worth using to keep someone up. It is far better for reviving someone at a distance in her experience. Over time, she might think differently. Mostly she uses it to heal herself.

And these characters have never worked together much. They should not be a well-oiled machine just starting out. Bella is selfish. She knows nothing about the barbarian's ability to soak damage or Fitz' sneak attack or for that matter the value of getting the creature prone. It will be a while before she understands the utility of teamwork and the greater good. And it isn't like we've discussed tactics in character.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Okay, I'm with Jmucchielo on the role playing accuracy part. Also, while Sythaeryn did prep healing word, he is in no way set up to be a heal-bot. In fact, his Wis score isn't even at a +3 yet. So while I thought of healng Ulrik I chose not to do it just yet. He will, probably soon, but also note that I have an unfortunate tendency to roll 1's on my HW dice. If nothing else, you're in very little danger of being killed unless it decides to carry you away.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Okay, I'm with Jmucchielo on the role playing accuracy part. Also, while Sythaeryn did prep healing word, he is in no way set up to be a heal-bot. In fact, his Wis score isn't even at a +3 yet. So while I thought of healng Ulrik I chose not to do it just yet. He will, probably soon, but also note that I have an unfortunate tendency to roll 1's on my HW dice. If nothing else, you're in very little danger of being killed unless it decides to carry you away.

I hear you and understand. FYI, this is exceptional and wouldn't expect your character to be a heal bot. I'm confident that my character wont't be killed, but by not healing him, I'm afraid he wasted the last two rounds and if he falls, the manticore may escape.
And remember, even a 1 on healing word, plus Wis times two because of rage, is not bad at level 1 and may tip the scales in our favor for this battle.
We'll see.
Cheers,

Sg

PS: I'll let Gargoyleking's act and then I'll do Ulrik's actions

Last edited:

Remove ads