Champions Presents: Legion Extreme! [Hero 5thEd]-11/04 post extended 11/12!

honorwolf

First Post
Bump, bump my friend. We want more FR. The Heroes of the Vilhoun Reach are the best... WEll I am partial and I do so love good team work. :cool:

Malachai_rose

First Post
Bump, bump my friend. We want more FR. The Heroes of the Vilhoun Reach are the best... WEll I am partial and I do so love good team work.:cool:

Umm... lol, your on the wrong post Johnita (aka Honorwolf aka Jae Sun aka Aris), this is the Champions story-hour :p

Malachai_Rose aka Slipstream aka Benito

Broccli_Head

Explorer
honorwolf said:
Bump, bump my friend. We want more FR. The Heroes of the Vilhoun Reach are the best... WEll I am partial and I do so love good team work. :cool:

What? Huh? Wrong thread dumb-bunny :p

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
issue#15 part V

"You're <bleepin'> kidding me?! You booked Fenway!?"

Slipstream stared at Jae Sun Lee incredulously. The Immortal gave him his smug Asian/English smile and a double shrug of the eyebrows.

"Well. It is winter. No one is using it. There has been no precipitation. And...I have connections."

Somnus giggled. Riptide, Slipstream's new un-official, reluctantly taken sidekick, laughed out loud. It was seriously unbelievable, but using his government and business contacts, Jae Sun Lee had managed to hire out Fenway Park for his Legion Extreme recruiting drive. They had already had some very interesting applications. Some he disclosed to the group at large. Others--one in particular--he kept to himself. He was also hoping for some late applicants.

Furthermore, PRIMUS had agreed. They, along with Somnus were going to run security. Jae Sun had already decided that they were even going to give away tickets, just like some sports radio talk show hosts did. He did not think it would be filled to capacity due to the late notice, cold weather, and fear of reprisals from the numerous villians that Legion Extreme had upset or crossed (Psi, The Ultimates, the Crowns of Krim, Dr. Destroyer, just to name a few...), but it would also give Legion Extreme some much needed good PR.

Slipstream got over his surprise.

"A'ight, how we gonna run this thing? Have 'em where bathing suits? A talent show?"

(Riptide mouthed: Oh hon, you're so silly!, and smiled)

Jae Sun gave the group a silly overexaggerated grin.

"Well, lads, here's what I had in mind...."

"C'mon! Get back to work you lazy bums!" shouted Jared Monteblanc to his workers.

They crowded around a television set in the "lunch room" (in reality a bunch of wooden barricades and makeshift benches) a the job site for Project 542X of the Big Dig.

Jared, the foreman, pushed he way past the the mob parted.

"Look boss. A free Supas show," pointed one of his men.

"Yah boss, maybe you should try out."

The men snickered and chuckled until Jared gave them a hard, "I'm-gonna-beat-the-snot-out-of-you" look. He was a big man and he was very strong, even if incredibly out of shape. ("More like rotund," his employees would whisper behind his back). This was enough to put fear in the hearts of his workers. They scattered.

...Which gave Jared an opportunity to check out what they were clamoring about.

He guffawed as the add finished and shook his head in disbelief. Legion Extreme was recruiting? His heart started pounding, and he looked around to see if anyone had noticed. He had heard of their recent beatings and read about the exodus of several members on SNN.com.

Nawww....my folks would never approve. And look at me, I don't fit the profile.

Of course no one knew how he worked out with the heavy machinery, using them as weights, after hours or how he could leap to the top of the crane and skeleton of the bridge they were working on in a "cough" single bound. And there was the time when all the girders fell on him while he was messing around. It didn't hurt...that much, and it was very little trouble to pull himself from the wreckage.

"Now that's a hare-brained idea, but what the hell?"

Spying his favorite piece of equipment, he muttered, "'Dozer...I think I'll call myself 'Dozer."

Slipstream set up the field in amazing speed. It hadn't snowed, so there was nothing to plow, but he put in new grass slats to cover the infield after smoothing down the pitchers' mound. He was still amazed how Jae Sun had pulled all this off. PRIMUS had guards stationed and undercover. The Chinese Community Association had volunteered as vendors, ticket-takers, and ushers. The mayor had allowed for off-duty police to serve as crowd control. It was crazy. He hoped that they were able to put on a good show. Somnus had worked with S.T.A.N. to set up a remote 'danger room', and he saw the mentalist working out details with PRIMUS techies.

Maybe I shoud switch agents... he thought as he put the final touches on the obstacle course and "arena-fighting" area.

He speed over to talk with Jae Sun. The stands were about half-full

"Good turn out?"

Jae Sun did not respond. Slipstream turned to look at the applicants

Good line-up, ay dude?"

The detective shrugged his shoulders, "We shall see."

Slipstream was basically going to run the final fighting audition, and he scoped out the competition:

Cavalier, from Millenium City: Blaster, out of a job since CKnight took his Nar-Cola gig...

Nightwind, also from the Motor City: Scrapper, Nightwing (DC tm) wannbe...

Shugoshin, out of San Fransisco: Scrapper, duo sword-wielder. Jae Sun was all giddy about this one.

Some fat guy with a home-made sleeveless costume--Bright-yellow, complete with painted on "D" in red, and a towel-like cape. 'Dozer was his entry.

Mwahahaha...capes! And isn't there a two-bit hack-villain named Bulldozer already thought Slipstream.

And finally, a woman in a form-fitting, sky blue suit with long, beautiful blonde hair calling herself, Jetstream. Slips thought she looked vaguely familiar, but couldn't quite place her because of the mask. She was one of those hidden applicants, but BOTH Riptide AND Jae Sun were all goofy about her coming.

Mabye I should have asked more questions...

Jae Sun looked at his watch. He was beginning to be discouraged. So far, he was not impressed. Cavalier could not even fly through S.T.A.N.'s holographic obstacles. No wonder Cosmic Knight had beat him out. Nightwind was an arrogant bastard refusing to go through holograms. Both had been thoroughly schooled by Slipstream who did a victory lap around the park to the joy of adoring fans both times. Presently, Slipstream fought Shugoshin, who had looked more promising in the obstacles, though his background noted some personality issues.

Slipstream dodged the slashing swords back and forth. The sharp edges glowed with power and were getting very close. As a precaution the speedster accelerated his molecules to the point where he was virtually insubstantial, and just in time as the martial artist, quicker than he thought, slashed right through him. Slipstream did a double-take. He had actually been "hit". Granted he had agreed to fight this guy even with his lethal weapons, but that would have been close.

His oppoent breathed heavy with effort, as the crowd "oohed" at the apparently lethal hit. Riptide stood up in her seat, ready to change and go to her man's aid.

"It's all good, kiddoes. No blood. Slipstream is quicker than that, yoh," and turning to Shugoshin, he added, "A'ight, buddy boy, no more playin'!'"

Slipstream began his patented whirlwind flurry running around his foe. He hit the first time gathering a satisfying grunt, but then suprsingly missed, as Shugoshin anticipating the attack high, ducked and then countered with backhand slice. Time stopped for Slipstream as he saw the bright blade about to swipe through his midsection, and with every effort and strain he twisted away. The tip of the sword grazed the fabic of his supersuit.

"Hold!" cried Jae Sun

The opponents looked at each other, panting.

I think he's a keeper, Somnus proclaimed mentally to his teammates.

"Yup, yup," replied Slipstream, looking down at the tear in his costume.

No blood though. People hooted and hollered as the action was replayed on the big screen. Even in slow motion and frame by frame the fight was hard to follow. But Slipstream saw enough to know how close he had come. Even as he was incorporeal.

Shugoshin bowed. Slipstream from genuine respect did the same.

"Next Candidate!" yellled Jae Sun MC.

Jetstream zipped into the sky and came down at almost sonic speeds, zig-zagging through the obstacle course in record time.

"Are you ready, Slipstream?" he asked

Crap! "I guess," he gulped as he saw the woman swoop down and send a powerful burst of air which he easily dodged.

Ahh...Blaster. No problem.

Slipstream took a running jump to give her a good love tap, as she pulled up to hover, but then the winds engulfed him and slammed him back to the ground.

Nope...Controller, too. Dang!

Somnus looked up and gave Jae Sun a hard stare. Then pointed to the woman. Jae Sun shrugged his shoulders. The mentalist reached into her mind and confirmed his suspicions.

Hello, Angela Peterson, aka Zephyr. You best be turning a new leaf or we will have to have round two.

The woman nearly panicked, but maintained her hold on Slipstream. The Speedster groaned as Jetstream increased the p.s.i. on him instinctively and sucked the wind from his lungs. Jae Sun quickly recognized the danger.

"Enough! Thank you Jetstream."

People clapped. She released her hold and bolted straight up and away into the sky.

Slipstream put up his hand as the blood started to come back to his head. He saw as the next candidate began smashing illusionary cars like toys and seemed impervious to harm.

Uhhh..Jae Sun, bro'. I think I'm going to sit the next one out.

Jae Sun nodded his head and affirmed, already liking what he was seeing of the 'Dozer. Horrible costume, and bad idea with that cape, but nice to have a possible Brick, who looked like he preferred toe-to-toe rather than the poor tacitcs of Nightmare/Darkfire.

"It is alright, Slipstream. I got this one."

Jae Sun slipped away unobserved as the crowd roared for the fat guy.

Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
Broccli_Head said:
{sorry for the short post, but I just realized that after soooo long, I need some relavent details from the players. hope they remember :) }
Hey man, just glad to see ya back in the saddle. Haven't seen you around much lately. <waves>

Broccli_Head

Explorer
ledded said:
Hey man, just glad to see ya back in the saddle. Haven't seen you around much lately. <waves>

Well theres this MMORPG that came out called City of Heroes...

Starting to get away from the "play all the time" mode, and settle into more casual play.

Funny, I forgot a new PCs non-superhero name so I couldn't continue the story. Got it now, so hopefully this week, more story :) and then I have to update FR and Hârn

Remove ads