Character Proposal: Tolpek Ibbiol

Kaodi

Hero
Perhaps one of Korvosa's most unusual thiefs is an elven man named Tolpek Ibbiol. Burglary has been the closest thing he has ever had to a trade, as it is difficult to hold down a job of any sort when you steal compulsively. What makes his compulsion interesting however is it directed exclusively towards books, scrolls, and written records of all sorts.

What's more, while Tolpek often peruses his purloined pages, he is not a careful reader. Nevertheless, he has picked up a bit ands pieces from all sorts of academic subjects, and from many trade manuals as well. This has gained him a reputation as a bit of a poor man's sage.

Tall and skinny like most of his race, Tolpek's somewhat craven manner can give the impression that he is emaciated or otherwise undernourished, but his strength has not waned and he has a good deal of nervous energy. His long face is framed by dirty blonde hair, and his eyes are a dusky emerald, always darting around. His clothing is modest, and he carries little in the way of armament other that a single long dagger shoved in his belt.

Beyond his immediately goals of filling his tummy and avoiding trouble with the guards, Tolpek will be looking to make a heist to finance his getting back on his feet. Hopefully his compulsion will not get in the way. Not a few times has he passed over a more valuable treasure to snatch a delicious looking tome.

Tolpek Ibbiol
Elven Burglar Rogue 1
Chaotic Neutral

ABILITY SCORES
STR 11
DEX 18
CON 10
INT 16
WIS 8
CHA 9

HP & DEFENSES
HP 9
AC 14
Touch AC 14
FF AC 10
Fort Save +1
Reflex Save +6
Will Save -1

ATTACKS
Initiative +4
Base Attack Bonus +0
Combat Manuever Bonus +0
Combat Maneuver Defense 14

SKILLS
Trained: Acrobatics +8, Appraise +7, Bluff +3, Climb +4, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +8, Linguistics +7, Perception +5, Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +8, Use Magic Device +3
Untrained: Craft +3, Diplomacy -1, Disguise -1, Fly, +4 Handle Animal -1, Heal -1, Intimidate -1, Knowledge +5, Perform -1, Profession +1, Ride +4, Sense Motive -1, Survival -1, Swim +0
Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarf, Elven, Gnome, Goblin

FEATS
Breadth of Experience

RACIAL FEATURES
+2 DEX, +2 INT, -2 CON, Low-light Vision, Elven Immunities, Silent Hunter,
Keen Senses, Weapon Familiarity
Favored Class - Rogue (+1 HP/Level)

TRAITS
Power of Suggestion, Forlorn

CLASS FEATURES
Proficiency with Simple Weapons, Hand Crossbow, Rapier, Sap, Shortbow, Short Sword, and Light Armour
Sneak Attack +1d6, Trapfinding

EQUIPMENT
Wealth: 0 gp
Magic Items:
Mundane Items: Thieves' Tools, Dagger, Backpack, Waterskin, Pickpocket's Outfit

Kaodi

Hero
I suppose I should have made explicit what I was doing by posting this last night, but I was kind of interested to see if anyone would respond the way it was.

I was/am kind of going out of my mind. Since I quit playing video games, my gaming/escapist tendancies have focused on D&D, and yet while I have an online group I play in I have no RL group, and no active Pathfinder PbP game. So yesterday I had this idea for a kleptomaniacal rogue which I had to get out of my system, and here he is. I actually mentioned this concept in a post on stereotypes in General, as well.

I guess what I was hoping was that I might get the interest of a DM, though I am quite aware that it is unreasonable to ask for a solo game, so it would not be unexpected to have other people get in on the action. The main attraction of a small group or solo game is speed: the fewer people there are, the more reliably things will move forward on a daily basis, or maybe even better if one was lucky.

In any case, even if nothing comes of it I suppose it was a bit of a relief to get something " out there " . I mean, another possible solution would be to DM a game, but I am not quite at the stage where I want to commit to that yet, with the stuff I have going on in RL. That, and I have a really hard time deciding what sort of campaign I want to run. It would probably end up being a proposal process for that as well.

Remove ads