Character Submission Thread

Systole

First Post
Far and away your best choice to replace Fast Learner is Piranha Strike, which has been specially LPF approved. A second idea would be to go for Combat Expertise and start running through the Improved Dirty Trick or Improved Disarm trees, although I don't recommend either of these really.

EDIT: You might also consider taking Free Hand Fighter over Cad. The combat maneuvers that Cad gives bonuses to are kind of mediocre, but feinting can be useful if you run down the feat tree for it.

Last edited:

SpicyWaffle

First Post
Having taken your advice, Systole, I switched out Fast Learner for Piranha Strike, dropping the extra favored class skill ranks to compensate. While I agree that the Free Hand Fighter has much better bonuses, I don't know... Cad just seems to fit, y'know? It has that certain sort of appeal for the character I have envisioned.

Anyway, I think Dane's up for a complete review at this point. No doubt there are numerous things that need to be amended, and I'm certainly open to critique should anyone have it. Tried my best to get the sheet as neat and tidy as I could, but I'm not all that well-versed in this wiki-stuff. If anything is askew mechanically or otherwise, I apologize.

Forgottenhelm

First Post
I have Added my Backstory all im left to finish is my photo but i am having trouble adding the picture and have still cant link the photo on the Forum seeing that im still pretty new. I sent the Photo link on the Wiki to Satin to see if he could help me there.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Open means others can use details from your characters backstory in the games they run (or, I suppose, in their own character's story). Closed means you don't want anyone else using your backstory. "Ask" is also an option that's been used, if you don't think you'd mind others using it but you want to maintain some control over the direction it takes.

Forgottenhelm

First Post
I have Finished my Character Sheet Completely and it is await 2 approvals. Let me know if there is anything else that needs to be done thanks :). P.S. Got the photo up

Systole

First Post
Reviewing Paskell:
1. Where is Paskell from? It looks like you're from Irthos, but if that's the case, there are some issues. And I can't find anything on your sheet that is conclusive one way or another.
a. If you're from Irthos, then you're missing a language. Common + tengu + regional + 1 from INT + 2 from Linguistics = 6. And if you're from Irthos, then you can't take Planks Denizel, as it's Venza-specific.
b. If you're from Venza, then everything is fine.
2. Aldor is Pathfinder Society specific. However, I'm pretty sure we approved Irthian dueling blades somewhere, but I can't find the thread. So I changed the name and I think you're okay. Can another judge confirm please?
3. While this is not a dealbreaker in any way, your pic sort of doesn't look like a tengu to me. Maybe this instead?

Please specify which way you're going with 1. NOT YET.

Systole

First Post
Reviewing Dane Mazelo:
You nailed everything as far as I can tell, which is nothing short of amazing. SK might be able to find something, but I can't. The only advice I have is to consider using one cestus over two gauntlets, but that's barely minor enough to be worth mentioning and has absolutely no effect on your approval.

Dane has his first APPROVAL.

Systole

First Post
Reviewing Thonos (preliminary only, as I gotta go have breakfast):
1. You'll be better off with Power Attack than Weapon Focus, unless you're planning to wait for your 2nd level ranger combat feat to take Power Attack. If you plan on being a melee fighter, take Power Attack. Use Power Attack every time you swing a weapon. Trust me.
2. You'll be better off with a greataxe than a battleaxe. Or if you want to use shields, you'll be better off with a dwarven waraxe than a battleaxe.
3. As you grew up in Seithr, you get Seithran as a free regional language.

Forgottenhelm

First Post
Ill add Seithr into the Languages. I appreciate the Advice on Power Attack and a Greataxe, but once again im trying not to metagame too much. If my dwarf were a barbarian then i would definitely do a greataxe, but i want my dwarf to be more subtle and cunning and it would not make since for him to power attack every single round. A barbarian would be much more likely to be very careless and throw all his weight into his swings.

Remove ads