• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Parinon:
a) I went through and tweaked a lot of little formatting things for clarity and to remove scroll bars. Occasionally I also removed the leading zeros. You can strip the rest of them if you desire.
b) I turned off the Table of Contents with __NOTOC__ at the top. To me, it just gets in the way. You can turn it back on if desired by simply removing that marker at the top of the page.
c) You had two combat traits. You are only allowed one from each section (the combat part). I swapped in Capable(Reflex) in for Deft Dodger in order to switch one to the General category and make it legal with the same effect.
d) I removed the spells section since a fighter doesn't usually cast. If you pick up a casting class later, it is easy to add that section back.
e) We don't count the weight of your first set of clothes. That saves you 8 lbs.

A good stable, solid character.
Suggestions:
1) You haven't chosen any archetypes. A fighter gets many good ones to choose from. They also need to be declared at first level. So, now is the time to declare an archetype if you are going to use one.

2) You don't have a dagger. Skinning a deer or simply slicing up dinner is a bit difficult with a long sword. :p Now that we are not counting the shirt on your back as weight, you can pick up a dagger and still be inside your light weight limit.

Parinon has his first APPROVAL of two. Any player can do the second review at first level. Parinon can also enter the Dunn Wright Inn and start socializing.

Psylence

First Post
Combat Statistics Table: Reflex Save is off by 1, also (as Satin Knights swapped for you) it's Capable (Reflex) instead of Deft Dodger now.

Skills Table: Your Climb is off. You might also want to denote the point of the asterisk at the bottom.

Otherwise I think it looks pretty good too. If you're good with the archetype (plus the dagger bit), then I could give ya your second one - assuming no one beats me to the punch. ;)

*edit*
Rock on, nice Satin Knights. I wasn't quite sure what the etiquette is on that, so I figured I would leave it to someone else. In that case, looks good, just waiting on if Solitar would like to go with an archetype. I mean, is it possible to give the thumbs up and Solitar still modify their archetype if they want or is that frowned upon?

Last edited:

solitar

First Post
I actually was not happy with the archer archtype and some of the stuff that was 'forced' on me with it. I want to remain flexible so I am happy with staying straight fighter. :D I will pick up a dagger and perhaps a blunt weapon. :D

Okay I am all set with purchasing some editional wpns. Thanks for the time to look it over and I'll post in the Inn as soon as I get the second approval on the page :D Added the wpns onto the weapon statistics section as well.

One more thing I am going to do some more reading on the living world but where is the Inn in the world I couldn't find any specifics in my reading so far and just want a feel for where I am starting. Thanks

Last edited:

Psylence

First Post
Alright Solitar, checked it all over and it looks like it is all in order. I double checked everything, looks like it's good.

Got to use my shiny new rubber stamp for the first time. The one that says APPROVAL on it. Whoops, bit too much green ink it seems. Grats Solitar, see you soon at the Inn.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Amien Thrus:
1) I did a lot of cleanup and formatting to remove scroll bars. I also removed a lot of leading zeros.
2) The money total was a bit off. I corrected it. I also reformatted the inventory cost column so one doesn't have to double check against the gp vs sp vs cp when totalling things up.
3) I marked the class skills that are currently untrained with a *. That way, you don't have to go back to the book when leveling to have an idea which skills provide the bigger bang for the buck, as they say.
4) Even if you are not trained in a skill, if the skill can be used untrained, you apply the ability modifier to it. So, that affected several skills.
5) In blocks that don't have the < pre > tags, if you use a leading space on the line, you get most of the effects of a pre tag, ie fixed formatting. But, you also get to use bold, strikeout, underline, etc. I put in a few examples.
6) You haven't chosen a second trait.

Suggestions:
a) Your backstory has you coming from another city. If you are not from Venza, you get to choose a regional human dialect based on the area you came from. See Language for examples. Venza's dialect is Common.
b) LPF uses a 100% sell back of items. It makes it far easier for judges to do accounting that way. One benefit is that you can spend all your money, decide you don't need a tool, and sell it back before the next adventure, not losing the normal 50% markup. Therefore, it is almost always a good idea to spend all but your last 5 gold pieces. If you don't know what to spend it on, alchemist's fires and cure light wounds potions are always in demand. We seem to have a shortage of clerics and healers lately, so a spare potion may save your life.
c) Buy a dagger. It is hard to skin a deer or slice up dinner with a glaive. :p

Real close. The character design is sound and has a good back story. You simply need to choose a second trait.
Not approved yet.

You are in luck. A new game is forming. You don't have to wait the usual month or two to before getting started. If you are interested in a sea adventure, and want to be the sixth man in the party, you can join Wreck Ashore. You can join in the adventure now. We just have to get your character sheet worked out and approved before you get into your first fight.

WindCrystal

First Post
Whoops. I knew the 2nd trait was missing but I kept forgetting to pick one for it.

I don't imagine this character being wilderness smart due to the Archetype I chose but I can just assume an NPC suggested he take a dagger just in case.

I see six characters in that adventure already. Is there something I'm missing?

Remove ads