• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Here is my butler,turned pugilist, Abram "Owlbear" Samson.
Thanks for your consideration

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Abram_"owlbear"_Samson_(Matthew_Ashburn)

Mathew, I am doing the non judge look over and I have only a few things here.

1. first and foremost, Welcome to En world and LPF!

2. here in LPF we have 100 % buyback, so if you buy a potion of cure light and need the 50 gp later to upgrade equipment, you can sell that potion at full price. having said that I recommend using all of your gold except say 10 or so gp for use in your first adventure. This is a recommendation only.

. . . .still looking . . . . .I can't seem to find any other item of interest other then a few minor cosmetic adjustments. approved

Last edited:

Matthew Ashburn

First Post
Thank you for the suggestion, I actually meant to buy some brass knuckles and some silver weapon blanch (God forbid I need that at level 1 :-S) but forgot about it until you said that.

I'll give my equipment a quick once-over,and thank you for the approval!

Aura

Explorer
Matthew,

Just a couple informal suggestions on Abram (Scott already has the non-judge review done): you seem to still have your bonus skill point for being human coming to you, and might have paid too much for your armor.

Cheers!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Matthew,

Just a couple informal suggestions on Abram (Scott already has the non-judge review done): you seem to still have your bonus skill point for being human coming to you, and might have paid too much for your armor.

Cheers!

OOps, how did I miss that.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Just checking in on my progress towards acceptance

First of all: Welcome to ENWorld and Living Pathfinder!

I've looked over your character...
1) Made several formatting changes for readability/clarity.
2) Rage rounds didn't count CON bonus; corrected.
3) Marked untrained class skills.
4) Added weapon entry for cestus.
5) Minor calculation errors in cost and weight; corrected.

Recommendations:
1) Several skills can be used untrained. It might be helpful to calculate your totals with those skills. You never know when you'll have to use one and, as a DM, it helps to be able to look at those without having to calculate it out every time. Also, Armor Check Penalty should be added.
2) If you don't ever plan on casting spells then those sections can be cut out.
3) Dwarven trail rations aren't going to do anything special for you since you aren't a dwarf. Regular trail rations are cheaper and weigh less.
4) Add a list of what is included in your kits. Otherwise, you'll probably forget and never get any use out of that stuff.
5) Buy a dagger. If I didn't say this Satin Knights would. You could eat with your fingers but a dagger helps out immensely. Plus you can poke people with it when you don't want to punch them.

None of this stuff is extremely vital so APPROVED. Now get to the Dunn Wright Inn and do a little roleplaying (it's fun and some DMs like to see that the player will get involved before recruiting).

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=6761965]Matthew Ashburn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40072]BigB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1322]Rathan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6704325]Commander_Fallout[/MENTION]

All of you have 1st level characters in various stages of approval. Aura is working on an adventure for APL 1-2 so I would recommend you take your character into the Dunn Wright Inn and do a little roleplaying before Aura begins recruiting.

Matthew Ashburn

First Post
First of all: Welcome to ENWorld and Living Pathfinder!

I've looked over your character...
1) Made several formatting changes for readability/clarity.
2) Rage rounds didn't count CON bonus; corrected.
3) Marked untrained class skills.
4) Added weapon entry for cestus.
5) Minor calculation errors in cost and weight; corrected.

Recommendations:
1) Several skills can be used untrained. It might be helpful to calculate your totals with those skills. You never know when you'll have to use one and, as a DM, it helps to be able to look at those without having to calculate it out every time. Also, Armor Check Penalty should be added.
2) If you don't ever plan on casting spells then those sections can be cut out.
3) Dwarven trail rations aren't going to do anything special for you since you aren't a dwarf. Regular trail rations are cheaper and weigh less.
4) Add a list of what is included in your kits. Otherwise, you'll probably forget and never get any use out of that stuff.
5) Buy a dagger. If I didn't say this Satin Knights would. You could eat with your fingers but a dagger helps out immensely. Plus you can poke people with it when you don't want to punch them.

None of this stuff is extremely vital so APPROVED. Now get to the Dunn Wright Inn and do a little roleplaying (it's fun and some DMs like to see that the player will get involved before recruiting).

Thanks for your notes/approval. I bought the dwarven rations for flavor mostly, no pun intended. Big McLargehuge over here is all about his protein, so a sack full of sausages and salted pork seemed perfect.

Good tip on the dagger,consider it bought!

Satin Knights

First Post
I tweaked a few things too, like adding the thrown dagger line. If the character is going to prefer to be called Abram over Owlbear, the "Friendly Name" can be changed by editing the first section in source mode. That field just affects the display on the Adventures page. Doing a http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Adventures?action=purge does a forced refresh of that page.

The skills and spells sections still need cleaning up.

The character looks good. Welcome to the games.

Remove ads