• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

skydreamz

First Post
oookay, thanks for the advice
Dagger got
Water got (in waterskin, right?)
food got
still got 30gp left, should I spent all my starting money?
would I need to buy tent, hammock, blanket, etc?

Oh, how to roll the dice in Living Pathfinder?

Aura

Explorer
At 30 gp left, you should keep spending.

As far as a tent goes, buy bedroll first, then add tent as long as gold and weight allow. A mess kit also comes to mind. Given your Strength score and gold supply, I think all these would be good.

I normally advise some sort of light source, but you can get by on dark vision, even if it's not optimal. But Flint and Steel is still a worthy purchase. Never know when you need to burn something.

Without going overboard on weapons, a useful extra for the 2h weapon guy is the javelin. One or two of those is handy. Or the chakram, if you prefer, and don't mind the Xena-esque connotation. It's a good throwie, and since your BAB is already +1, you can draw one as part of your move action.

epicbob

Explorer
okay, got the bedroll, mess kit, tent, and a pair of javelin.
4gp 7sp left

why is darkvision not optimal? Isn't its range farther than torch?

It's because Darkvision only works in places like the inside of a cavern, where light does not reach. Also, torches don't enhance Darkvision in any way.

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Jaggo

This is a non-judge review of Jaggo by skydreamz. For play, to approvals are necessary, at least one by a judge. With my reviews, I only edit your character sheet for the most obvious of typos; for the most part I point out things to correct and let you have a go at it. And with any comment, I am not infallible--if you think I have made a mistake, just let me know.

Overview: Mostly solid with only a few issues. Some layout issues, etc, are noted.

Potential Problems:
* In order to get 2 skill points, you seem to have taken your base skill points (2), applied Int modifier (-2), applied the minimum 1 rule, and then added one for favored class benefit. It is unclear to me if this order of modifier application is considered correct--this is the first time I've come across it. I'm going to just point this out and look for a Judge statement on this issue.

Notation Issues/Typos/Calculated Values:
* Character level is noted as 'level, and should be 1.
* Need to include dagger and javelin in the Weapon Statistics section.
* Total Fly skill seems to total to +1 compared to the 0 noted.

Suggestions:
* Might want to include text describing how Power Attack increases as BAB increases.
* A bit more detail on background would be appreciated, but not absolutely required.
* You can streamline your saving throws by simply renaming misc modifiers to the source, instead of double noting as was done.
* Might want to describe your tattoo's, either in a specific or generalized fashion.
* If you express gear costs <1 GP fractionally, the columns are a little easier to add. Ex: 1 sp = 0.1 gp. However, gear seemed correct.

Comments:
* Character seems solid overall.
* Another Paladin for the recent paladinic explosion. :)

NOT YET, pending the resolution of the skill point issue per a Judge. It will also give time for you to consider the Notation Issues and Suggestions.

skydreamz

First Post
Whoa, thanks for the review, Aura

that skill point thing, a friend of mine taught me. I thought it has been done everywhere. hahaha

fixed the typos, included the javelins and dagger

applied the suggestions, will describe the tattoo later.

I actually thought to just write Power Attack description as "-1 attack, +2 damage (+3 if two-handed)" so that the wikia page won't be too long. Then I'd just update the description every 4 BAB. Would that be okay?

About the background, I haven't read all the setting's lore. I'm afraid that if I make a too detailed background, there would be many contradictions with the setting. Hence the generalized background.

And the darkvision, I can still see in normal light, right?
epicbob 's post seems to imply that having darkvision means I can only see in the dark

epicbob

Explorer
And the darkvision, I can still see in normal light, right?
epicbob 's post seems to imply that having darkvision means I can only see in the dark

What I'm saying is that it will only ACTIVATE in the dark. You'll still have normal vision if you have a light source of some kind.

Aura

Explorer
Ya, I can't tell if the skill point issue is legit or not. I've not come across this issue before, that is for sure. So I'm just pointing it out and letting a judge take a look.

I'd have to do some reading on what epicbob was talking about with the darkvision. The greater point I was making is with a character who possesses darkvision, having a light source becomes optional, but still has a little value to it. Your call.

PS: Yes, the note about Power Attack improving every 4 BAB was all I was trying to imply on that issue. Nothing fancy.

Remove ads