Check Out Nerdist's Preview of the Drizzt "Timeless" Book Cover!

Remember that new Drizzt trilogy which appeared in online bookstore listings last week? Nerdist has got a preview of the cover of Timeless, the first in the trilogy!

Remember that new Drizzt trilogy which appeared in online bookstore listings last week? Nerdist has got a preview of the cover of Timeless, the first in the trilogy!

Timeless-Cover-768x1160.jpg

Image from Nerdist.com

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I found it a little jarring at first but otherwise I though 4e realms was quite interesting as a setting. It had a lot of cool ideas some of which I believe survived the sundering that put things "back to normal".

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app
Post-Sundering kept some of the cooler ideas, and in other cases went back to 1E/2E when that was cooler than 3E (Old Empires, looking at you here).

Post-Sundering kept some of the cooler ideas, and in other cases went back to 1E/2E when that was cooler than 3E (Old Empires, looking at you here).

That's true, and I'm quite fine with the Post-Sundering 4e survivors such as Elturgard or Tyrmanther. But I wasn't really focusing on 4e's geographic changes (although they were probably somewhat too far), but the time jump, which was the far greater sin (and, from what I've read, Salvatore - and Greenwood - felt similarly...)

gyor

Legend
Am I the only one who doesn't like the cover, it's really weird, and when I compare it to beautiful covers like The Companions and Exiled, it really does nothing for me, I mean I don't really like that style of art period, so it could be a great example of the types.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That's true, and I'm quite fine with the Post-Sundering 4e survivors such as Elturgard or Tyrmanther. But I wasn't really focusing on 4e's geographic changes (although they were probably somewhat too far), but the time jump, which was the far greater sin (and, from what I've read, Salvatore - and Greenwood - felt similarly...)
Yeah, they haven't really touched on timeline too much in the past couple of years.

gyor

Legend

Actually in someways the original Old Empires resembles a period BEFORE 1e, what do I mean by that? Both Ra and Enil the heads of their pantheons are back, but during 1e Ra was dead his power absorded by his son, and Enlil had flown the coop, having left his Son as a successor.

Now Ra and Horus are split again, Enlil has returned, Set is no longer cast out for the Murder of Osris, Bahumut (Marduk to the Untherites) and Tiamat both live again, Gilgeam is back in a fashion and ruling Unther.

Given Isis is back, then its possible so is Ishtar.

Nanna Sin is also back, but he had to give his divinity to Asmodeaus in exchange for resurrection.

The fate of Rammon, Ianna, Kir, ect... is unknown at this point, but the right powers could return them to life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salamandyr

Adventurer
Anyone else find it interesting that Drizzt's "look" has so solidified over the past couple decades? Going back to his depictions in the 80's and 90's, his look, his clothing, his weapons (especially his weapons) varied depending on the artist. They were all "Drizzt" but they all weren't the same.

Nowadays every depiction looks like Lockwood's version of him from the FRCS; every piece depicts Twinkle and Icingdeath as those long butterknives, and his mithral mail as some kind of punk rock scale. It's not bad (Lockwood is a very good illustrator) but it's tedious we never get anyone else's interpretation.

Remove ads

Remove ads