chessex and you

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
old timers love the sharpies. They were all the rage back in the day. These new modern dice with their curved edges and nonrough sides make the dice roll over when it hits on a certain number causing those times of "it's a 20.....shoot a 4!". Sharpies land on a number and STAY on that number. Do they tumble like normal dice? Yes. but the feel and bounce of them make playing with sharpies a joy. None of this rolling for 20min and finding them.

In order to fix that problem of not seeing the number take a perm marker and INK in the number. Red on clear works as does white on purple. I have a purple d20 that is my ultimate fav that i have used for almost 12yrs now...it never fails me and my players fear it...

ced1106

Explorer
Leopold said:
old timers love the sharpies. They were all the rage back in the day.

Now I remember -- In the original days, all we had were the D&D dice: White d20, blue d12, green d8, orange d6, and yellow d4. Those dice would chip and "self polish" themselves like no tomorrow. :) Then came the "high impact" dice, aka. sharpies.

And crayons. Anyone still use them? White was okay, but yellow? :) They were actually nice for the transluscent dice b/c, up close, you could see the **filled** number from underneath the surface.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I certainly miss my Sharpies.

All except the d4.

I still recall the wound on the bottom of my foot that, due to the "three radial slices" nature of the cut, took about six months to properly heal:)

Still they rolled nicely:).

Except the d4. No rolling there.

I often wished they'd just make a d8 numbered 1-4 twice.

Chessex, I love you!

Just thought I'd mention that I ordered some stuff from Chessex online last Thursday, within minutes I got a very friendly e-mail from one of their reps confirming my order, and the package was sitting on my porch by Monday afternoon.

Now if that isn't the best possible experience you can have with a business I don't know what is. :D

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Re: Chessex, I love you!

Squirrel Nutkin said:
...Now if that isn't the best possible experience you can have with a business I don't know what is. :D

try this: Finding out that they heard American Soldiers in Bosnia had been sent D&D Manuals by WotC without dice and, upon hearing that, sending off a batch of dice.

I'm pretty much dealing only with Chessex from now on.

Gunslinger

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:
I guess those dice are nice if you like looking at dice, but I'll be damned if I'd allow them at my table. Anything where you can't see the numbers from across the table is bad news. Heck, I'd have trouble seeing those numbers if they were right in front of me.

A player in the group I play with bought a set like it, only they were soft plastic. They were horrid. No one could read them easily, and being soft, were bound to break. I don't know what he did with them, but they were only used once...

Paladin

Explorer
Re: Re: Chessex, I love you!

Teflon Billy said:

try this: Finding out that they heard American Soldiers in Bosnia had been sent D&D Manuals by WotC without dice and, upon hearing that, sending off a batch of dice.

I'm pretty much dealing only with Chessex from now on.
Chessex rocks! Speaking of that....we've got the dice donations worked out. All the dice donated will be combined with the 30 sets that Chessex sent and shipped together along with 30 of our dice bags. The donation information is in this thread:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28054&pagenumber=2

Our target goal is at least 30 sets from EN World, please donate if you can. :D

Zander

Explorer
Re: Chessex, I love you!

Squirrel Nutkin said:
Just thought I'd mention that I ordered some stuff from Chessex online last Thursday, within minutes I got a very friendly e-mail from one of their reps confirming my order, and the package was sitting on my porch by Monday afternoon.

Now if that isn't the best possible experience you can have with a business I don't know what is. :D

A store in Nottingham, England called Travelling Man is one of the few places in the UK where you can get the MM2. I ordered a copy at 5pm one day. It arrived the following morning at 9am at my delivery address in London. It was in perfect condition, just as I had requested. The price was the same as in the US (which is unusual in the UK for a US product) and there was no shipping charge. :cool:

I don't have anything good to say about Chessex. They stole thousands of $'s worth of intellectual property rights from me. :mad: They may have friendly sales reps, but the management is completely loathsome.

Remove ads