chessex and you

Quickbeam

Explorer
Sorry to hear about you poor experience with Chessex Zander, but like everyone else who has posted thus far I love them. I wish that I could erase your bad feelings and compensate you for the loss -- you're a good guy always willing to help others with dice related questions and searches.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Chessex, I love you!

Paladin said:
Chessex rocks! Speaking of that....we've got the dice donations worked out. All the dice donated will be combined with the 30 sets that Chessex sent and shipped together along with 30 of our dice bags. The donation information is in this thread:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28054&pagenumber=2

Our target goal is at least 30 sets from EN World, please donate if you can. :D

How many sets of dice do you need? I have a jar of dice that never get used and collecting dice is pointless (sorry, but it is. I used to collect them). I bet I could get out 5-10 sets of dice. I just have to find out which box in the attic that the jar is in.

I am subscribing to the thread so I will not forget to check back.

Paladin

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Chessex, I love you!

KnowTheToe said:

How many sets of dice do you need? I have a jar of dice that never get used and collecting dice is pointless (sorry, but it is. I used to collect them). I bet I could get out 5-10 sets of dice. I just have to find out which box in the attic that the jar is in.

I am subscribing to the thread so I will not forget to check back.
Hey, collecting them isn't pointless...it's an addiction!:D I have around 26 full sets myself, strangely enough probably 90% are Chessex too. Anyway, we're looking to get at least 30 sets donated from here to match the 30 sets from Chessex. However if we get over that, we'll send them too. E-mail me if you do want to go ahead and donate those dice, my e-mail is dommer@prodigy.net , I'll forward you my address.

dshai527

First Post
I have to agree that dice collecting is an addiction. The dice bag, and i use the term bag loosely it was a hip sack filled completely (Purple if you see it please for the love of God help me), that I had stolen had around 200 or more dice in it that took me years to compile. (Including my cyrstals and my white with red numbers...no problems reading those.) Each one of my players had a set that they feared so I always let a person at the table pick the set that i would use as the DM that night.

I would love to donate some dice, but I am currently rebuilding my own wares. I would gladly donate money to buy a pound of dice for them. Just tell me where to send the money.

Oh, and Crayon is the best for coloring numbers. especially if you only color 11 and up. Does anyone remeber the old 20's that had 1 thru 0 and then +1 thru +0. I liked those.

Last edited:

Sanackranib

First Post
dice

I think my next set will be metal. the problem is my definition of a "set" is:
2 d20
1 d12
2 d10
3 d8
4 d6
4 d4

so it makes it expensive to buy dice that only come in "standard sets"
:D

Paladin

Explorer
dshai527 said:
I have to agree that dice collecting is an addiction. The dice bag, and i use the term bag loosely it was a hip sack filled completely (Purple if you see it please for the love of God help me), that I had stolen had around 200 or more dice in it that took me years to compile. (Including my cyrstals and my white with red numbers...no problems reading those.) Each one of my players had a set that they feared so I always let a person at the table pick the set that i would use as the DM that night.

I would love to donate some dice, but I am currently rebuilding my own wares. I would gladly donate money to buy a pound of dice for them. Just tell me where to send the money.

Oh, and Crayon is the best for coloring numbers. especially if you only color 11 and up. Does anyone remeber the old 20's that had 1 thru 0 and then +1 thru +0. I liked those.
Here's the thread with the instructions on how to donate money:
http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/show...54&pagenumber=2

If you need a new dice bag to replace yours, we can do that for you - just hit the link in my sig. :D

Grim

First Post
Yah, my favorite dice are either the black-translucent RAW ones I bought from chessex directly at a con, or the sort of clear red d20 i bought at the same time, or my ever-present set of twelve iced-white d6s for character rolling only.

At first they rolled really really badly, but after some tireless patience and love, they are super duper lucky. I rolled straight 18s and 17s with them the most recent time I used them. Thosse I bought straight from chessex too. Con dice are always better.

Remove ads