Chicago Gameday: Read about what you missed

FC is right, Trev. While we talked about using the side room, we didn't even officially say we'd run a game until after FC Wesel.

FC Weasel
us

OK, so based on the time stamps it was more like "4 hours late and a dollar short" instead of a "day late".... :D But we were still later than FC Wesel. He must have improved initiative or something.

FC: Hopefullly you can make the next Gameday and run your game then--because I would love to play in it!

Reidzilla

Explorer
Wow, I thought events would fill a little quicker than this. I hope we have a good attendance.

Hmmm...maybe if we promised that all attendees would get to shoot GIANT LASER BEAMS out of their eyes...hmm. :] :)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Reidzilla said:
Wow, I thought events would fill a little quicker than this. I hope we have a good attendance.

Hmmm...maybe if we promised that all attendees would get to shoot GIANT LASER BEAMS out of their eyes...hmm. :] :)

It's over a month away. When the planning was first started, there was the possibility that it might be the first week of June (hence the early planning) but then the event was scheduled for the end of June. Hence the long sign up period and the general holding off to sign up based on people wanting to be sure there schdule is clear to attend, I'd imagine.

buzz

Adventurer
Yeah, things should pick up as we get closer to the actual event date. And the Web site and banner ad will be ready Real Soon Now(tm)! Honest!

William Ronald

Explorer
Thalmin: Is there an EN World Game Day poster or flyer at Games Plus? I can't recall seeing one on Sunday. It might be a great way to get some more people on the boards.

Also, I was thinking that from the number of replies in the Chicago Gamer seeking good group thread that it might be a good idea to have some informal gamer matchup at the gameday -- even if it is just people saying hello.

We might also want to see if we can have some quick games like Zombies available for any events that wrap up early.

Reidzilla: We usually have a lot more people signing up closer to the event. So don't worry. Hmm, maybe that "bionic battle" between Barendd Nobeard and Matty Helms might work as a good Darwin's World demo.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Here is the summary for Slot 2, Game 5:

D&D Miniatures - Who Wants to Be a God?
Wanted: god to be patron of dungeon battles. Must prove ability to guide dungeon combat. No deific experience required.

Dungeon arena-style battle(s) for 2-6 players. Each player will be provided an encounter group of 100 points. Figures used will be from the Harbinger, Dragoneye, and Archfiend sets (Giants of Legends might also be used, if available). I can run 2 separate battles on one table, so can handle total of 2-12 players.

Buzz, no gm approval required for this event.

Last edited:

Remove ads