• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XI a success! Share your war stories.

FCWesel

First Post
Despite everyone's attempt to abandon Game Day (or so it kinda felt) seems like things went okay. My two SERENITY games seemed to go good.

Yort... NINE PLOT POINTS!?!?!

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Thanks to all who ran and all who participated. I especially want to thank buzz for putting it al together; Ninjacat for introducing me to Mutants & Masterminds; Pbartender, who killed all the Jedi in an hour and a half; and William Ronald, through whose adventure I made it without a scratch.

In spite of the last-minute cancellations, we still had a good turnout. Big surprise for me: all the afternoon game groups played until at least 8:00, with the last game clearing out at 9:45.

Again, thanks all. Hope to see everyone again next time.

Curt

pogre

Legend
All pictures are thumbnail link to larger photos.

My first ENWorld GameDay was a lot of fun and I want to extend my thanks to Curt (thalmin) for hosting and Buzz for organizing the event!

Now to the embarrassing pictures!

Left to right KnidVermicious, Kid Charlemagne, and Squonk! Squonk cranked out five minis in the time it took me to get half a figure done!

The Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay crew being run through the turmoil of the Empire by Reidzilla.

The Fonz (AKA pbartender) gets ready to run out the plank on some Skull & Bones.

Ninjacat explains a finer point of M&M to thalmin. He doesn't really looked convinced - does he? ;) Left to right Ninjacat, GORAK (partially obscured), Trevalon Moonleirion, thalmin, and William Ronald.

FCWesel's game in the private room. I believe that is Painfully looking at the camera.

Reidzilla just sat on his 4-sider!

Nikmal ignoring Doctor's orders and instructing a young painter on the finer points of painting ogre beauties.

Game Day hero Buzz preparing to slaughter the Super Heroes in Hudson City.

William Ronald explaining a point to thalmin. Probably right after vaporizing my poor halfling sorcerer with a maximized fireball from the BBEG. I won't forget this William ROnald! I will avenge Barenger the half-pint mage!

Please feel free to add any names to folks I did not know.

Thanks again everyone - well worth the drive.

Bront

The man with the probe
If it helps, I'm the one in the green in both Reidzilla shots (To the left on the first one, to the right on the second one).

Yort

First Post
Yet another super Gameday. Thanks, as always, to Curt and his crew for putting up with us and giving me the opportunity to give them vasts amounts of money. Glad you're there for us.

GMs, thanks for the efforts in entertaining me.

Pbartender, another fun round of swashbuckling. I've never been in a flying wagon before, and this one wasn't even magic!

Ninjacat, nice to see you on the other side of the screen at my Unisystem fix. And without your help, I never would have found that Buffy Magic Box. (?!?)

FC, damn you. Goram NINE PLOT POINTS! I *might* accept missing...barely. But plugging John in the back, on accident, with my big ol' rifle? Well, I felt almost as bad as John did. Funny how the monumentally bad rolls always stay in your mind, but the truly nice rolls are just par for the course.

Still, pretty damn funny. :p

Finally, thanks to everyone for coming out and making Gameday what it is. Look forward to seeing most of you at the next one.

And when might that be? :D

As per usual, it was a fantastic gameday.

Special thanks to Curt for hosting all of us nuts in your store all day. I hope our purchases made up for us skulking around your store all day ;) It's a pleasure to have such a fantastic location to have these gamedays, and a pleasure to always empty my pockets at these things, even when I swear that I'm not going to.

Thanks to all the GMs for your hard work in putting together events. I've done a few in the past myself, so I know it can be hard and a bit stressful to run games for people that, for all you know, might know more about a game than you do (well at least in my case ;) )

Extra special thanks to my GMs, Ninjacat and buzz for running 3 great games that I'd never played before. My introductions to M&M, unisystem buffy, and Hero were all fantastic. Buzz you really must've done a good job because I promptly went out and bought Hero Sidekick.

Thanks to my heroic sidekick Seraph (ninjacat) for helping Darkangel (me) be as badass as she was and to Pbartender for keeping us all entertained at the table with the antics of Madam Voodoo. (The table remains undecided if our contortionist psychic looks more like Miss Cleo, a european gypsy in flowing silk, or a transformer.)

Great gameday folks! Thanks for a blast, and thanks to anyone I forgot!

Ninjacat

First Post
Wow.

What a fantastic GameDay that was, even with participants dropping out like flies and last-minute cancellations. That was some of the most exciting, entertaining, and just all-out FUN gaming I've had since... ..well, last time, probably, but GameDays are just good like that. But this one stood out even above and beyond that.

To my players, many thanks for your enthusiasm and embracing systems you were unfamiliar with, having fun with it even when I didn't know what I was doing or couldn't find the correct sheet out of the eleventy-skillion I brought with me. ;) Things maybe didn't go as I had planned (which is pretty much par for the course for a GM, is it not?) but everybody had fun, and that's what counts, right?

William Ronald, you did a great job trying to keep the parties on course in both games, despite my giving you almost no idea what said course should be! (It's fun to watch the party squirm. Or flee in panic, as the case may be.) Excellent job!

Sir Brennen: Hmm, maybe I should've given you that Drama Point, as you were the only one to even come close to naming the actor/celebrity in your character's pic. Actually, WR's wasn't a boybander; he was one of their choreographers, ;) and the guy from Mutant X (good call on the recognition, btw!) ? Um, well, the character's name is Brennan, which in hindsight is pretty darn hysterical, heh.

Trevalon Moonleirion said:
Thanks to my heroic sidekick Seraph (ninjacat) for helping Darkangel (me) be as badass as she was and to Pbartender for keeping us all entertained at the table with the antics of Madam Voodoo. (The table remains undecided if our contortionist psychic looks more like Miss Cleo, a european gypsy in flowing silk, or a transformer.)

*dies laughing*
I'm still picturing Miss Cleo, in the sparkly purple silk with the ginormous gold hoop earrings, sneaking past the toppled armor car (that's right, Folks) and THEN transforming to squeeze behind the badguy before he sees her! lmao

Trev, it was an absolute pleasure to game with you yesterday, and I was honored to be your sidekick. Hey, I had my thunder stolen (more than once, heh) my brilliant ideas prove moot... ..but distracted badguys for my boss to make her move, and had my desperate bluff pay off when my dice finally decided to cooperate. And syncronized Angel Landings are always fun, obviously.

Buzz, thanks for an absolutely fabulous event. I haven't RP'd superheroes as a player instead of the GM in... ..I really don't know how long. It was the complete BEST, and I thank you for the opportunity (and look forward to next time! Heh.)

Yort said:
Ninjacat, nice to see you on the other side of the screen at my Unisystem fix. And without your help, I never would have found that Buffy Magic Box. (?!?)

And thank you for playing, Yortster. 'Twas much fun, and I look forward to more Unisystem madness with you, regardless of which side of the screen either of us are on! (And if I still can't find my Buffy screen next time I run, I'll remember to ask to borrow yours, lol. Man, were we both asleep, or what!? *grin*) And as far as The Magic Box goes, I have my ninja ways. (which mostly consist of lurking in corners and luck, but ssshhhh, don't tell.)

Pbartender, thank you for Madam Voodoo and also for running the other half slots. I think that went well, don't you? Anybody think we should continue these "intro games" in the future, or did y'all wanna play more of what was offered and we should go back to full slots? Heh.

And of course, many many thanks to Buzz and Curt for putting the whole thing together and hosting us, and I am totally and completely looking forward to the next one!!

Nazriel

First Post
FCWesel said:
Despite everyone's attempt to abandon Game Day (or so it kinda felt) seems like things went okay. My two SERENITY games seemed to go good.

Yort... NINE PLOT POINTS!?!?!

The all-1s fumbles were a good part of what made that game great. :D

Thanks much for the very fun and lively game of Serenity in the evening, FCWesel!

And thanks to Curt and Buzz for continuing to host/put together the Gamedays.

Bront

The man with the probe
Buzz, it was a well done gameday. I look forward to the next one.

I have a transcript of Reidzilla's Random Adventure Super Happy Fun Time!!! to post when I get some time to type it up. (I might stick it in a story thread. It's long enough that it might take 3+ pages after all is said and done.)

buzz

Adventurer
Awesome pics, pogre!

Fillin' in some of the names for ya...

pogre said:

The Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay crew being run through the turmoil of the Empire by Reidzilla.
Left to right, that's Bront, Axegrrl, Axegrrl's guest, pvt. patterson, and the 'Zilla himself.

pogre said:

The Fonz (AKA pbartender) gets ready to run out the plank on some Skull & Bones.
Left to right, Shadowbane (dark green shirt), Shadowbane's guest (light green shirt), Pb, Tekkmage, Yort.

pogre said:

FCWesel's game in the private room. I believe that is Painfully looking at the camera.
Nazriel, FC, Painfully, Tekkmage behind him, and that's Yort's manly torso contemplating how many Plot Points to spend next...

pogre said:

Reidzilla just sat on his 4-sider!
Ulysses Medina (welcome to Gameday!), 'Zilla, Bront.

Remove ads