• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVIII: the aftermath!

Ninjacat

First Post
Ah, another GameDay.

*sniff*

No more 'til next year!!

Curt & Buzz, thank you as always for hosting and organizing, these things most certainly wouldn't be the same without you.

To my players, Adareth, Dobe, gperez1234, and Tofu_Master, Thanks SO Much for putting up with me, and I hope you had at least *some* fun. My EXTREME and sincere apologies; I'm just mad that your fun and a proper game was the price that had to be paid for my hypoglycemia. If anybody wants to try that again, just let me know; I certainly owe it to you. (And maybe Vyvyan & Laurie can make it then, heh.)

Many Thanks are also due to Jason as my afternoon DM, along with Jade Fire and Pvt. Patterson as my fellow players. We derailed that conspiracy plot, er, rather, the GM's attempts to get US to unravel the conspiracy plot rather handily, didn't we? Oops. :lol: (Hey, I didn't get caught, and we scratched a couple layers into the conspiracy. Given that the thing was like a cross between an onion and an everlasting gobstopper, I'd say that's pretty good!)

Looking forward to next time, see you all then!

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Thank you buzz for organizing. Thank you to each of the GMs. And thank you to everyone for coming out. It was a pleasure having you all here.

Tofu_Master

Explorer
Thanks for a wonderful gameday!!! It was a blast! I had fun & adventure with friends, old & new; helped annihilate a demon dog; was a six year old who blotched some of ( okay ALMOST all) my spells; and still kicked zombie butt :cool: . I call that a grand day!!!

Ninjacat, I've played with you before & look forward to playing with you, again, in the future. No apology necessary. I hope & trust lunch was the dose you needed to rejuvenate. :) Maybe next time Arlene can kick the hairy-@55 that she was meant to! AHH... I live another day to administer a savage beat-down.

Reidzilla, hope you're feeling better. Take care, K.

And last, most definitely not least, "Thank you, thank you thank you, HinterWelt!!!" :D As I told you I've collected both Squirrel Attack adventures for when my grandboy is older (He's 10 months old). If you have kids you could understand tomorrow is just around the corner. That's the game I want to be his (& I'm sure his buddies) first game. The boardgame is beautiful and makes my collection (thus far?) complete. F.Y.I. several people showed interest in the boardgame.

See everyone next gameday - some before.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
Ninjacat said:
Many Thanks are also due to Jason as my afternoon DM, along with Jade Fire and Pvt. Patterson as my fellow players. We derailed that conspiracy plot, er, rather, the GM's attempts to get US to unravel the conspiracy plot rather handily, didn't we? Oops. :lol: (Hey, I didn't get caught, and we scratched a couple layers into the conspiracy. Given that the thing was like a cross between an onion and an everlasting gobstopper, I'd say that's pretty good!)

Hey, I was one of the players in this thing! Credit where it's due and all that. :D Even if my big darn mouth did get us "documentarians" almost run out of town when a good liar was five feet away the whole time. :uhoh:

Ninjacat

First Post
Kelleris said:
Hey, I was one of the players in this thing! Credit where it's due and all that. :D Even if my big darn mouth did get us "documentarians" almost run out of town when a good liar was five feet away the whole time. :uhoh:

Whoops! My bad, I meant Kelleris. Jade Fire was playing in the "Children in Peril" game with my morning players. (I =suck= at names, honest. Memorize most of Jase's files at a glance? Sure. Recognize people from previous occasions? No problem. Put a name with said recognized faces? Forget It. :heh: )

I was sort of impressed/underwhelmed the Hoffman Institute expected the three of us weirdos to pull off being a team of film documentarians in the first place, heh.

FCWesel said:
I think the new time set-up worked out well.

It did, didn't it? I think all the afternoon games pretty much got jumped right into, there didn't seem to be much in the way of "Where & when are we going?" that I could see.

Last edited:

Ninjacat

First Post
Tofu_Master said:
Ninjacat, I've played with you before & look forward to playing with you, again, in the future. No apology necessary. I hope & trust lunch was the dose you needed to rejuvenate.

Reidzilla, hope you're feeling better. Take care, K.

Thanks again, Tofu. And yes, lunch put me back to rights... ..but GEEZE, I was sitting there eating Mary Janes and Lifesavers (thanks for those, too, by the way!) and the bottom STILL dropped out of my blood sugar! Yeesh. There's a "Best Laid Plans..." joke in there somewhere, but I'm not gonna bother searching for it. ;)

And I'll make sure Reid knows you wished him well, it's appreciated!

Remove ads