• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidzilla

Explorer
WJMacGuffin said:
Hi Buzz,

Can you add this to the last morning slot? If not, c'est la vie. Unfortunately, I have no image to include--yet.

“The Angel and the Deep Blue Sea”
H3: Heaven, Hell & Hegemony (playtest)

SNIP

Wow, this sound quite cool. I wish you were running this in the afternoon so I could play. ;)

Seriously, let me know if you do any more playtesting outside of gameday.
reidzilla@gmail.com

William Ronald

Explorer
The Pearl of Storms

Here is my event description.

The Pearl of Storms, D&D 3.5/Arcana Evolved, Slot 1, Game 7

You and your allies have previously secured three ancient magical items - the Hand of the Mountain, the Heart of Winter, and the Staff of the Seven Winds. Now, you have been asked to find the last of the four items associated with spellcasters of a vanished age - the Pearl of Storms? Who is trying to stop your ship as you journey in unexplored waters? Will you be able to retrieve the Staff of the Seven Winds and use it and the other items to contact the creators of these items - who last walked the world millenia ago and left a message for those who find the items and have need of their aid. An adventure for 6 characters of 13th level. Characters will be provided.

This game uses the D&D 3.5 rules and the Arcana Evolved rules. Familarity with either set of rules is not required, and new players are welcome. (As usual, I can probably handle some walk-ins.)

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, right now we've got:

34 + [Cerebral Paladin's event] seats in the morning slot
34 + [Mark's event] seats in the afternoon slot.

Ideally, having the same number of seats in both slots, or more seats in the afternoon, is ideal. I.e., if Mssr. Hobo runs Dread, running it in the afternoon might work better.

I dunno. Thoughts?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
buzz said:
Okay, right now we've got:

34 + [Cerebral Paladin's event] seats in the morning slot
34 + [Mark's event] seats in the afternoon slot.

Ideally, having the same number of seats in both slots, or more seats in the afternoon, is ideal. I.e., if Mssr. Hobo runs Dread, running it in the afternoon might work better.

I dunno. Thoughts?

I'll seat five. We never have the same number of people, I don't think, for both slots. Some leave and then there are walk ins, mostly for slot two, right?

buzz

Adventurer
Mark said:
I'll seat five.
Noted!

Mark said:
We never have the same number of people, I don't think, for both slots. Some leave and then there are walk ins, mostly for slot two, right?
Let's see... This is number of seats offered, not actual signups.

Gameday XIX: 39/37
Gameday XVIII: 31/37
Gameday XVII: 39/48 (!)
Gameday XVI: 37 + [minis table]/36
Gameday XV: 34/34 + [open table]

It looks like we're generally close. If we're going to be uneven, I imagine we'd want to have more seats available in the afternoon. It seems like people who only attend half of Gameday come for the afternoon.

Ergo, ideally we should have at least as many afternoon seats as morning so no all-day folk get shut out of having anything to do the second half. :)

TracerBullet42

First Post
buzz said:
Ergo, ideally we should have at least as many afternoon seats as morning so no all-day folk get shut out of having anything to do the second half. :)
If it looks like we need some more seats in the afternoon, I can add two seats to my game. I'd like to stay at six players, but I will have eight PCs ready to go.

Mark

I could seat six, if it helps.

TracerBullet42 said:
If it looks like we need some more seats in the afternoon, I can add two seats to my game. I'd like to stay at six players, but I will have eight PCs ready to go.

Show off . . .

:D

TracerBullet42

First Post
Mark said:
Show off . . .
:D
[Christopher Walken]You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM! Get her to sew that![/Christopher Walken]

Mark

TracerBullet42 said:
[Christopher Walken]You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM! Get her to sew that![/Christopher Walken]

That seems to be more than the requisite amount of cowbell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads