• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

FickleGM

Explorer
buzz said:
Always a sound policy!
Not that I'd advertise for Circvs Maximvs (okay, I totally would, but that's because I like it), but if you ever check the place out, you'll know why Hobo would disagree with you. :)

Spoiler EDIT: In case you don't want to look up something so trivial, I'm the guy who's supposed to get blamed. It's become sort of a meme over there.

Last edited:

ekb

First Post
Loose pitch

So... the way it looks, there's open tables morning and afternoon... Still taking pitches?

If so, I've got one for you:
Agon, using Delta Green as the setting... Basically, the players are posing as a USDA team investigating a series of cattle mutilations. Run-of-the-mill stuff, usually leads nowhere quickly... but something's a bit different about this. Hard to put your collective fingers on it, but whoever does will probably earn massive clout with Alpha Cell...

Agon (sample "quickstart" rules)
Character Sheet is attached (it was smaller).

Prefer afternoon play, with at least 3 players but will have 8 pregens on hand.

Attachments

• dagon_sheet.pdf
    141.2 KB · Views: 231

buzz

Adventurer
ekb said:
Agon, using Delta Green as the setting...
Inspired by John Harper's character sheet, huh? :)

Dude, if you run this in the morning, I've got two players for you right now. :D

Seriously, though, if you want afternoon, that's awesome. Please confirm!

ekb

First Post
buzz said:
Inspired by John Harper's character sheet, huh? :)
The graphic designer in me engaged in much self-abuse when first I saw it... almost as much as the game designer in me abused myself when I saw the mechanics for Trail of Cthulhu/GUMSHOE. That is the almost exclusive reason for why I'm choosing afternoon - I want in on the ToC game as a player!

Sorry that disappoints those players that wanted an AM game...
Seriously, though, if you want afternoon, that's awesome. Please confirm!
Ummm... confirming for PM, please. email is eoin {dot} keith {dot} boyle {at} gmail {dot} com, if'n it isn't public enough knowledge already.

And Nev... head hurting still? It actually works remarkably well - but in an unsubtle, high cinematic espionage, blowin' the bad guys up real good way. The only other non-CoC mechanics that work really well with DG (IMNSHO) are GUMSHOE (heavy investigation, not much killin') and ORE/Reign/Godlike (medium investigation, medium combat). The original mechanics DO work - but can be counterintuitive in some ways when playing a one-shot or very short campaign...

I'll have the PCs up in a couple of days...

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Sounds like fun. It's another one to consider, and another fallback slot if I don't get my first choice (unless it ends up being my first choice, but same difference).

Speaking of which, where's that signup thread?

Or am I a week ahead... yeah, I am. Dammit. Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads