Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I'd like a morning slot (or more importantly the Slot opposite Ninjacat):

Against the Little Guys
Paranoia XP

“Troubleshooters! You’ve just completed your mission successfully, where are you going now?”

“Uh, back to the communal living sector?”

“NO! Your friend the Computer is sending you to the newest mandatory fun attraction…Dungeon Sector!”

“What’s that?!”

“A live action game zone based on old documents recently downloaded called ArePeeGees. You get to interact in a completely safe environment, killing clone-vat monsters and taking their stuff.”

“How does it work?”

“You do not have the proper security clearance.”

“It sounds dangerous!”

“Questioning the computer’s intent is treason.”

“Do we have to go? It’s REDdimade Peetzah night.”

“Attendance is required, happiness is mandatory! Welcome to Level One!”

Rules knowledge is not necessary, in fact, knowledge of the rules is against the rules.

Last edited:

TracerBullet42

First Post
bigznak said:
I am so in for playing tracerbullet's D&D I got to be there.
Reiam is ready and waiting for you...
75416.jpg

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Wheeee. Three weekends in a row of major rpg goodness. June 7 is World Wide D&D Day. June 21 is Free RPG Day. And sandwiched in the middle, like Double Stuff in an Oreo, is Chicago Game Day.

BTW, we are also looking for judges for these other days. Contact me.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
D&D in Slot Two in the private room, please. Let's call it "Rogue's Revenge!"

buzz

Adventurer
Vyvyan Basterd said:
I'd like a morning slot (or more importantly the Slot opposite Ninjacat)
The Chicago Gameday lodge welcomes our brother from the North.

Done!

Mark said:
D&D in Slot Two in the private room, please. Let's call it "Rogue's Revenge!"
Done!

BTW, is this 3.5 or 4e? I know that some folk are probably going to try and cook up some 4e in the six days or so between the release and Gameday. :)

But is Mark one of those folk? Hmm...

HinterWelt

First Post
I am thinking of running Roma Imperious True20 or Iridium V2. Is there any True20 players out there? If I am going to run a system that no one knows I would rather run my shiny new version of Iridium. ;)

This will be the sequel to the last Roma adventure and will take place in Britannia. Same characters, stronger and more experienced.

Let's call it "In to the Forge" and say six players. Afternoon slot.

Thanks,
Bill

Pbartender

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
*cue shot of Dieter maniacally pressing button on remote, followed by explosion. run date in block letters*

6-14-08

"Let's tanz, shall ve?"

Beep boop beep boop... Boop beep beep boop beep boop beep boop.

"Ach ja. Dat's de schtuff."

:cool:

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Paranoia XP: Send In The Clones

Someone is singing treasonous songs over the Alpha Complex public address system such as "I'm An Alpha Complex Dandy" and "Top Hat, White Tie, and Laser". You--yes, YOU!--must track the Commie Mutant Traitors down and put a stop to their insidious but catchy treason. Oh, and if you've heard nasty rumors (rumors are treason) about Teela-O-MLY, the darling of Alpha Complex, forget it. No such rumors exist. Belief in the existence of said rumors is treasonous so forget it immediately. If you're still thinking about the last statement, you should probably report for termination. Thank you for your cooperation, have a nice day.

Introducing Send In The Clones, a classic PARANOIA mission updated for the XP rules. Featuring:
- Sewerworld!
- Bureaucracyworld!
- A singing GM! (Yes!)
- Opportunities to shoot other PCs a-plenty!
- A real pie that will get thrown in someone's real face! Really!
- And the most annoying robot ever invented--the Funbot!

---

SYSTEM: Paranoia XP
TIME: Afternoon
# OF PLAYERS: 8
PICTURE REQUEST: Can you slap up that picture of the XP rulebook you've used before?
TABLE REQUEST: Please can I have a table big enough for 9 people?

Thanks, Buzz!

buzz

Adventurer
HinterWelt said:
I am thinking of running Roma Imperious True20 or Iridium V2. Is there any True20 players out there? If I am going to run a system that no one knows I would rather run my shiny new version of Iridium. ;)
Event added!

I know that Pbartender ran some True20 a few Gamedays ago and filled all his seats, FWIW.

WJMacGuffin said:
Paranoia XP: Send In The Clones
Added! Now players can get their Paranoia XP on all day long.

buzz

Adventurer
Well, the afternoon is obviously outpacing the morning by a wide margin. I'm totally willing to go for a total of eight afternoon events, should more GMs want to run in that slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads