Chicago Gameday XX Planning thread: June 14th is our date

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Buzz, if you feel so inclined to add a title to my game, I think I'm going to call it:

"AND THE SECRET INGREDIENT IS...(no, it's not people...well, ok, maybe a little)"

It'll be for six players. I'll work on the writeup a little later.

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
Buzz, if you feel so inclined to add a title to my game...
Added.

Definitely let me know how many players are in your event, folks. I forgot to add that data at first.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Slot 2, Game 2: AND THE SECRET INGREDIENT IS...(no, it's not people...well, ok, maybe a little...), D&D 3.5, TracerBullet42
[bq][imager]http://gameday.buzzmo.com/images/phb.jpg[/imager]Three words (given to me by the great Reidzilla):

Planar...Iron...Chef.

It didn't take long for people to take notice of the fantastic feastings had at The Tonga Room. It became even more evident after capturing a giant frickin' elephant with a city on it's back and turning it into a mobile restaurant, "The Travellin' Tonga." People take notice of these sorts of things. Good people. Bad people. Important people. Powerful people...dangerous people.

So it would make sense that other-planar creatures are intrigued by this little former halfling, former kobold, again halfling who cooks things just so...

Wouldn't you know it, the time for the planar cook-off is just around the corner, and you're invited.

AND THE SECRET INGREDIENT IS...(no, it's not people...well, ok, maybe a little...) is a D&D 3.5 adventure that follows up on the previous gamedays "The Runaway Bride", "The King's Wedding Day (Or Should I Say Deadding Day...Is that McBain-y Enough For You?)", and "THE GIANT FRICKIN' ELEPHANTS WITH CITIES ON THEIR BACKS ARE COMING!!!" though it is not necessary for you to have played in them. This adventure is designed with love and care for up to six players (although there will be eight characters to choose from). We will be using some of the alternate rules from Unearthed Arcana, including the facing rules. (Don't worry, they're easy, and I'm not an ogre about it.) No previous experience is necessary (but it wouldn't hurt, since they'll be 12th level PCs) as I can teach you the rules as we play. Just bring some dice and a willingness to have a little fun.

"... and be at the last table still playing at the end of the night while everone else is waiting to close up!" -rvalle[/bq]

Last edited:

Reidzilla

Explorer
Hey Buzz,

Could you please sign me up for running a Trail of Cthulhu event in the morning, for 4 players, at "my" table. I'll get the specifics up ASAP.

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla said:
Could you please sign me up for running a Trail of Cthulhu event in the morning, for 4 players, at "my" table. I'll get the specifics up ASAP.
Heh, ToC was the game I was thinking of running in the morning. I'm sensing a theme: "Gameday XX: Two X's means two of every event." :D

TracerBullet42

First Post
Reidzilla said:
Hey Buzz,

Ah, my muse.

Dude, I have to thank you for your idea. It won't play out quite as you had suggested, but boy did it get the wheels in my head spinnin'!

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Jebus Crow, I just got the email and it's almost full already... I guess it's my own fault for not having a job with computer access during the day...

Not sure what I'm in the mood to run this time out... we'll see if I can think of anything before the morning slots fill up, eh?

Reidzilla

Explorer
buzz said:
Heh, ToC was the game I was thinking of running in the morning. I'm sensing a theme: "Gameday XX: Two X's means two of every event." :D

I know. :)

I saw your posts on RPG.net as I was surfing around for Gameday inspiration (having already given mine to TB). I have been itching to give ToC a try and Gameday seemed the appropriate victim...err...venue for it.

buzz

Adventurer
Nev the Deranged said:
Not sure what I'm in the mood to run this time out... we'll see if I can think of anything before the morning slots fill up, eh?
Morning and afternoon have room at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads